Statewide Communications Interoperability

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
Every time I read one of these I just shake my head.

Until they learn that interop is a mind set first, all of the meetings, equipment, grants, grandiose verbiage and penmanship is just beareucratic static.

BoxAlarm187

Premium Subscriber
Until they learn that interop is a mind set first, all of the meetings, equipment, grants, grandiose verbiage and penmanship is just beareucratic static.
I can attest to the Commonwealth's ability (and willingness) to provide interoperable communications, both at a state a local level, is superb. Say what you want about the information provided in the link, but interoperability can, and is, achieved routinely in Virginia.

I haven't been to a comms meeting in the past decade in which interoperability wasn't a key point on system design.

KI4SXZ

I think it all depends on where in the commonwealth you are. Certain areas are more interop minded than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoxAlarm187

Premium Subscriber
No argument there, and it depends on the scale of the incident/planned event(s) and/or frequency of use. The Virginia Communications Cache along with some of the IMT's have the KSA's to make some cool stuff happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.