Statewide Communications Interoperability

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI7PM

Premium Subscriber
Every time I read one of these I just shake my head.

Until they learn that interop is a mind set first, all of the meetings, equipment, grants, grandiose verbiage and penmanship is just beareucratic static.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Until they learn that interop is a mind set first, all of the meetings, equipment, grants, grandiose verbiage and penmanship is just beareucratic static.

I can attest to the Commonwealth's ability (and willingness) to provide interoperable communications, both at a state a local level, is superb. Say what you want about the information provided in the link, but interoperability can, and is, achieved routinely in Virginia.

I haven't been to a comms meeting in the past decade in which interoperability wasn't a key point on system design.

KI4SXZ

I think it all depends on where in the commonwealth you are. Certain areas are more interop minded than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
No argument there, and it depends on the scale of the incident/planned event(s) and/or frequency of use. The Virginia Communications Cache along with some of the IMT's have the KSA's to make some cool stuff happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.