statewide mutual aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankcastle

It wouldn't hurt to put them all in. The state issues a certain one for each area. For instance, Marshall County dispatchers monitor State Wide 5. That is what their officers use when going out of the home area for a transport or training. They can then talk to dispatch regardless of where they are in the state.

kb9sxk

It wouldn't hurt to put them all in. The state issues a certain one for each area. For instance, Marshall County dispatchers monitor State Wide 5. That is what their officers use when going out of the home area for a transport or training. They can then talk to dispatch regardless of where they are in the state.

No, the state does not issue these talk groups to any area. they used at random as available. For example. The District 10 Task Force plans to use SW 5 when activated. This was a local decision made by the District.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber

Yeah and HOWARD Co. God I wish they would use Nextel. Who wants to hear 6xx all frakin day long picking up inmates??

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Adam ,brings up another affiliation question.
I think I have my own answer but in case a few days ago off HEND site on a SW MA group I heard someone playing the NWS broadcast,right away I went to EVV post site that group wasnt on that tower.

So even though they are called statewide mutual aid groups we must still have a radio affiliated with that group and the tower I am monitoring?
IS even SWMA CALL not auto pushed to all sites?

Seems like atleast ONE SWMA talkgroup would be live on ALL sites even if no radio is affiliated to a site.

Yes, they push out state wide

kb9sxk

Adam ,brings up another affiliation question.
I think I have my own answer but in case a few days ago off HEND site on a SW MA group I heard someone playing the NWS broadcast,right away I went to EVV post site that group wasnt on that tower.

So even though they are called statewide mutual aid groups we must still have a radio affiliated with that group and the tower I am monitoring?
IS even SWMA CALL not auto pushed to all sites?

Seems like atleast ONE SWMA talkgroup would be live on ALL sites even if no radio is affiliated to a site.

As i understand it, they push out, as long as a radio is affiliated to that tower. Regardless of the TG it is affiliated on.

KidClerk

The state police dispatch out of Lafayette uses mutual aid talkgroup (D MA 3 mostly I think) as a point to point. I hear White and Carroll Counties communicating with Lafayette on this in place of the old 155.370 at times.

jamesa53

H ma 1

This is used in Vigo County also. Havent heard much on any of the SW TGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.