Statewide SD Motorola VHF system & Ellsworth AFB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmartinfan

Banned
I have a 396T Uniden and was heading to SW S.D next week. I programmed some of the VHF statewide system for S.D but I'm unsure of how to put it in the 396T as a:

Motorola Type II VHF system or a APCO 25 system.

Same question for Ellsworth AFB in Rapid City.

Thanks for any quick help on this

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The statewide system is a Motorola Type II system, just uses P25 CAI voice, don't forget to set all three sets of the band plan.

Ellsworth AFB is a P25 system.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Eh? band plan?

Ok so set the 396T to Apco-25 for the Ellsworth AFB system
Yeah, unless my brain went to sleep the 396 calls the Custom Table setup a "band plan." And yes just set Ellsworth to P25, it will read the ... err, band plan from the data stream. ;)

JLM7424

certain types of systems use uncommon band plans their for you need to input the band plan info so the scanner will interpret the frequencie shift correctly you will find this in the system options once the system has been programmed.

Are you going to enter it all by hand or use butel software and download it from radioreference??

with a radioreference account & butel software you can download entire systems (so long as they fit )
and directly upload them to the 396t

I dont know where your from , But If you were somewhere near Sioux city,IA I could possibley program it for you .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.