Statewide so many and so little

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Anyone ever hear anything on statewide Tac channels worth hearing?
Listed in statewide of NJ.
Sometimes I hear a dead carrier on Utac5,I tried setting to digital,with nothing.
What are the active statewide channels (non fire and Ems)?

SCPD

QRT
Wow,100+view ,no comments.Must mean theres nothing good on the statewide backup frequencies.

lou9155

i live in troop c territory but my closest tower is in berlin .which is for troop A but simulcasts some troop C stuff.also simulcast just some of the state of nj talkgroups i know i miss alot of north jersey stuff where there is alot of action

wtp

even when i lived in new jersey

and worked for a living.
most mutual aid action happened during the day.
or so it seemed.
i usually drove for a living and had from 1 to 3 scanners and a frequency counter with me.
maybe it is that the dispatchers are slower at night and use the phone.
even 20+ years later and in a different state it still seems that way.
some traffic on the 8tac channels but it is still rare.
it helps to have old scanners monitor the mutual aid stuff and free up the main ones.

KC2zZe

And that's a good thing.

If they are getting pressed into service, something is going on somewhere. Now, I'll grant you that those sets of channels get utilized occasionally for drills or preplanned events (i.e.: the New York Air Show earlier this month at the Stewart International Airport), but if there's nothing scheduled to be going on nearby and activity pops up on those channels, something's up.

{my above comments exclude those rural areas where the national channels get misused for day-to-day operations}

Last edited:
Are these 700 mhz njics backup frequencies in the database? I'm looking for them in the statewide section, and I just can't seem to find them.
Thanks!

And that's a good thing.
I agree. Many of those are planned for surge events that are out of the ordinary, or when some form of backup communications system is needed. Sometimes that could be for an actual event, or maybe because of interference. It's good to have a defined resource that could be put into play whenever it's necessary, but there won't normally be non-stop action there.

Status
Not open for further replies.