Static only on certin frequencies, Driving me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdeveau2010

Hi I live in Dayville Ct, I have a Uniden BC 246T, I am using a scan force 10 section whip antenna, I am able to reach about 30 to 35 miles, heres the interesting part, I am getting major static on the webster mass police freq of 156.210, but I can hear them though the static, but the static does not go away even if the squelch is used, now the static is starting to show up on nichols collage security freq of 152.2300, but no other freq are having this static, anyone know what this may be ? the farthest I am able to hear is auburn mass. I have had this radio since jan 2009, do you think this is a scanner problem?

Thanks
Paul

W2NJS

First thing to do when you hear the noise is to shut down your computer to see if that's the source of the problem. Computers generate tons of short-distance, low-power RF hash.

N8IAA

Thanks, I have tried this to no avail, any other ideas? Paul

Have you put in the corresponding PL/DPL's for the different cities? If not, other users on the same frequencies may interfere. Remember, that on VHF/UHF conventional frequencies, line of sight automatically puts natural and man made interference in the signals path. Have you considered a magmount gain antenna to help?
HTH,
Larry

pdeveau2010

ok guys, today has been a very windy day here gusts up to 45 mph, seems my problem has disappeared, no more static on those freqs. don't get it but it seems to be gone. thanks for all your help, gonna get a new radio before summer, either the PSR 800 or home patrol but I will get a new one. thanks again

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.