WS1065: Static While Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_tietze

I have a ws1065 scanner that I'm using to run an online feed. The problem I run into is that the entire time it is scanning I get these constant little bursts or static. It does this through the internal speaker while not hooked up for the feed as well so I know it's not feed related. It isn't a chanel with static or anything like because it never stops scanning, it's cyclical about every 1 second just a little pshtt sound. If you listen to the online feed with your volume up you can hear what I'm referring to.

Laclede County Public Safety

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Is the noise in sync with when the scanner reaches a certain point in the scan list? Does the noise continue while playing audio from a transmission?

Have you shut off the scanner, then back on?

Sent via Tapatalk

bctrainers

This is what I see from your feed... https://i.imgur.com/r1nx1QV.png

Unless your feed is dual-casting different radios, best to leave the Radio Feed in mono to Broadcastify. Your audio seems to only be getting sent via the left channel.

Additionally, with the large bar that goes across, that's indicative of a ground loop somewhere. Ferrite loop can generally fix that

I do hear the once-per-second pulse you're talking about, and I am unsure on what might be causing that. I assume that might be the computer hosting the application to stream the audio, but not sure. My WS1098 doesn't have that wonky pulsing.

e_tietze

This is what I see from your feed... https://i.imgur.com/r1nx1QV.png

Unless your feed is dual-casting different radios, best to leave the Radio Feed in mono to Broadcastify. Your audio seems to only be getting sent via the left channel.

Additionally, with the large bar that goes across, that's indicative of a ground loop somewhere. Ferrite loop can generally fix that

I do hear the once-per-second pulse you're talking about, and I am unsure on what might be causing that. I assume that might be the computer hosting the application to stream the audio, but not sure. My WS1098 doesn't have that wonky pulsing.

The mono/stereo must have gotten switched by accident while messing with the software setup, but I've corrected it now.

I will check on adding a Ferrite loop to see if that addresses some or all of the noise problem, thanks. The pulse was occurring prior to ever using the scanner online to broadcast so I know it's not with the software. Hopefully it has to do with the groundloop in someway and will be fixed with the ferrite loop. While using it as a desktop scanner it was one of those things that I noticed, but not unless I close by it so it didn't really bother me. Now that I'm using it as a feed scanner it's much more noticeable on the phone apps and on the computer than it was before.

e_tietze

Is the noise in sync with when the scanner reaches a certain point in the scan list? Does the noise continue while playing audio from a transmission?

Have you shut off the scanner, then back on?

Sent via Tapatalk

I'm not sure if it's in sync with a certain point in the scan list since it scans so fast and doesn't pause anywhere in relation to the static noise, as in the scanner doesn't stop or anything when that noise is broadcast. I don't believe it continues during a transmission, but it's also faint enough that it may just not be noticeable during an actual transmission so I'm not 100% sure.

Yes, I have shut it off & on numerous times just from day-to-day operations and from moving it from one location to another in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.