Station IDs for Newtown, CT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sile

Premium Subscriber
Hi folks - does anyone know why there wouldn't have been station IDs (either spoken or Morse) for the Newtown Police, Fire & EMS feed in 2012 through sometime in 2013? Lately (as in probably the last 6 months or so) I now hear Morse IDs for the first time.

Thanks! I'm so used to hearing them in my own area, that when Newtown didn't use them it kind of stuck out.

Best,

Sile

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure, but the feed provider may have changed a setting. The police are digital, so if the scanner is set to only monitor digital, you wouldn't hear the CW ID as it is only broadcast in analog. Perhaps the provider changed that.

Fire and EMS are analog, but if the system doesn't transmit the DPL tone while ID'ing, and the provider is using DPL decode, you won't hear the ID. So the provider may have changed the DPL decode setting.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard any id's in my town either in like 5 years (Bloomfield) ever since they dropped the LTR no one but the fire dept ever does any id that at least is audible to me

Sile

Premium Subscriber
Thank you folks....really appreciate the insight!

ericingersoll

Seymour PD does not ID either. They have a dispatcher who ID's WPVN845, which is not the station ID in the FCC Database. I was told that he has been informed of this by several people, but either out of habit or stubbourness, still uses the wrong ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.