status bit and band plan bc898t

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockynsabrina

please help......i own a bc898t scanner and have been unable to receive the sc state police til recently.i was searching through the menue and found an option for band plan 1,2,3,4.i decided to try somrthing different,so i changed the band plan to plan 4.and to my suprise,now im trunking the state police.the system is a 800mhz type 2.i DO NOT understand what they all mean and really need someone to break it down for me,then i can change others that may need to be changed.my county sys is also a type 2.it has 4 control channels.i tried changeing it also,it stopped trunking correctly.it decided to stop on the correct talk group,but had nothing but static.it works great on plan 1 and 2.please explain this to me.I also seen where you can toggle the status bit on or off.what in the world does this mean,i do not get the status bit thing at all.thank you for reading this far and hopefully you can enlighten my scanning experience.thanks again.....

SCPD

QRT
Rocky... Look at page 46 & 47 of the BCT-8 manual and you will see info left out of the 898T manual.

SCPD

QRT
P.S.... Leave the stat-bit on... The 898 has EIGHT options in the menu. I can NOT find what #4 (ON OFF) is for but if you turn it off the radio will not trunk. Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.