• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

status message in kenwood nx220/320

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samo84

Hello ,
I was trying status messaging in mu kenwood nx220 , I set on of the button to status+selcal ,
and press it then choose the station I want to send the message to , let us pretend it is ID : 1000 ,
I press then * to choose call base and press ptt to send ,

the issue that it is giving me , sendind dat , and then no reply :(

does any know know what is the issue ? and where I can add more message templates such as call base or call station or etc .

Thanks ,

Sam

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Well you do not state if you are using fleetsync or nxdn however both operate basically the same.

When a sel call is sent, the receiving radio will ack back confirming it received the call. If the sending radio doesn't get the ack it will display "no reply". Could be wrong freq, ran, qt, etc., or the target radio is not set up quite right to accept the signalling. Lots to check.

The status alias are set up in the status list tab. You can have 50 for fleetsync, more I believe in nxdn.

Do you have the programming manual from Kenwood that explains how to set signalling up? It's quite a chore and everytime I do it I will need several attempts to fudge it to the way I would like it to work.

Samo84

Thanks a lot Ramal for your prompt reply ,

So we need to change something related to the status messaging in the configuration of NX220 , thats mean i need to use KPG141 and try this ?

Would you please guide me where i can find programming manual from Kenwood that explains how to set signalling up

Thanks a lot ,

Sami.

100pcttn

Hi Samo84, I was reading the thread on this, and just curious...you wouldn't happen to have a link to those programming manuals for my NXR-810 repeaters would you? I've got a thread running in this forum group right now trying to figure out some programming issues I have here at work.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.