Status of Atlantic County Edacs and Provoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougWatkins

Back in area permanently and trying to set up a new scanner (BCD996P2)

I read that Atl Co was going to D/C the Edacs system at the end of the year in 2016, but I'm assuming not?

Did all fire and EMS move to the P25 system?

It looks as though many of the law enforcement agencies have TG's on the P25 system, but are they still using Provoice on Edacs

I see Ocean City is on P25 system, but only has one talk group...are they still using Edacs Provoice

I'm trying to avoid the Provoice upgrade if it isn't being used

Thx

W2SJW

Database Admin
It's in the slow spiral to the end - probably by the summer the EDACS system will be decommissioned.

DougWatkins

what a scanning mess...I thought CMC was bad....had time at home to monitor this w/e.....Atlantic County....some like EHT, Galloway are still using Edacs, MEDCOM has moved to P25, Somers Point PD is on P25 but went encrypted (they weren't earlier in week)...still a lot of fire and EMS on VHF

Haven't seen what he island towns (Long Port, Margate, Ventnor) have done

Ocean City has a number of TG on Edacs and some on P25...to date, no activity on P25 and fire/ems are still on their own VHF (as the norm in CMC)...I have to assume OCPD is still using Provoice, but I've held up on upgrade if they are moving soon?? I would guess if they move to P25, they'll encrypt??

KC2SVY

The two systems are patched together through a migration gateway until everyone finishes their migration, so you'll hear the same talkgroups on both if there are radios on that talkgroup on that system. However the majority of public safety is on the P25 system and those that have not migrated yet should soon.

Provoice isn't part of the P25 standard so you won't hear it on the P25 system, users are either encrypted or unencrypted.

DougWatkins

Thanks..I understand that

I assume everyone that was using the Edacs system will eventually migrate to the P25? The west end of Atl County wasn't on it, so I assume they will remain where they were

Any info- is Ocean City going to migrate for PD only, the entire public safety side or possibly go to the NJICS (Middle Twp went that way)

Analogrules

I just noticed the Site frequencies for both EDACS and the P25 system are the same. Therefore, I guess I should program it as a p25 system in my scanner? I am planning a trip down there next week, which is why I am asking.

DougWatkins

For the moment.....OC is still on Edacs...Provoice upgrade required if you have a Uniden

Most of the P25 law enforcement is encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.