Status of HP-1 and XT radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
With the introduction of the 536HP and 436HP radios, are the HP-1 and any of the XT-Series scanners going to be discontinued?

I assume that the BC346XT and BCT15X will remain to represent analog users but what about the HP-1, BCD996XT and BCD396XT's? Will production end on these radios?

lep

On the Uniden web site the HP-1 is listed as currently for sale and so are the XT models but 3 HP models are grouped together.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
All of our scanners will be discontinued, someday. Just not today.

Now that is funny! How about tomorrow or the weekend...lol

If you look at the Uniden site they have the HP model shown for scanners in the photo. I think this alone shows they will have the HP around for a little while, it is just the waiting on updated firmware that seems obsolete. Which might I add, UpMan has said they will have at least one more to come soon. ;)

Home at Uniden America

Michael-SATX

Radio Shack still has the HP-1 and BCD-396XT active, however the BCD-996XT & 346XT are discontinued
by RS and will not be restocked. Anybody know if or when RS might sell the BCD-436HP/536HP models ?

lep

Many things about RS sales are subject to change, but UPMAN in a response has previously said they will NOT be selling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.