Status of Northumberland County

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

I need some confirmation from users in the local Northumberland County area about how much of the county remains on conventional and how much has migrated to the P25 system.

I'm staying out here near Buckhorn for work tonight & hear quite a lot of traffic on the TRS - I added the TRS to the main county page, and I need to know what analog channels are safe to start marking as depreciated.

Thanks!

W2SJW

Database Admin
Just as a follow-up to this original post on Tuesday night - I sat on both the TRS & the county conventional channels for almost 2 hours. The only traffic I heard on conventional relating to public safety was the 'Fire Primary' channel - none of the other listed frequencies had any traffic at all (not even the UHF EMS ones).

I'm assuming it's safe to purge the low-band channels, and at least 'depreciate' a large amount of the high-band channels. 150+ views & no comments have me a bit confused. I haven't even heard from the member that has literally submitted 99% of the TRS data...

portroyalbirdy

Premium Subscriber
Not my home county, but I'm not all that far from it! Can't scan it, but I do think it is safe to purge all low band, like you stated. I've been keeping tabs on things via the county DES Facebook Page. Everything seems to be 100% P25 P2, withe the exception of the new VHF Dispatch. Now there is a slight snag, I've found out that Shamokin Area and Sunbury Community Hospitals DID NOT purchase radios for the new system during "Go Live" time. (This was posted to my one county website a few months back, for the one ambulance service in my county that sometimes takes patients there) The letter said that anyone that would need a medical patch done, would have to do patches by phone. They may have purchased radios by now, I'm unsure.

alexguf

Are the med frequencies not used anymore. I was told the EMA channel is the Analog NC interop 1 155.100 is the VHF fire dispatch freq 151.145 used for out of district fire departments

Status
Not open for further replies.