Status of Pasco County p25 system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Hello I've been out of state for a while and noticed that the system frequencies have been posted in the database. I was also following the thread where some of you guys were mapping out the system, and I saw that homeboys
scanner had discovered two different sites. The database only shows there as being one site though. I'm just wondering if the database is correct and if the frequencies have been nailed down conclusively, and if they are actually using the system at this point. I still hear them on the edac's system along with the sheriff, but I put in the listed frequencies from the database and the results of homeboys discovery of the two sites. I hear nothing with a yagi up on a 45 foot mast down here in Tampa so I'm just wondering does anybody know what the story is?

ngel

Pasco P25

The site that was added is the West side i believe. No point to monitoring everything is completely encrypted. They are still operating EDACs as normal. You can tell some users have been switched over to digital, so I am assuming on the P25 there is some migration but because of the encryption of everything it is hard to tell.

I am not bothering to really look into the P25 system as there is no point and nothing to listen. I check every so often to see if there is open talk groups but so far everything is completely encrypted.

ngel

The live feed is still up and active.

For now in a short time who ever is streaming won’t be able to when they complete the transition which sounds like Fire Rescue is close. Almost al units I heard on the EDACs “sound digital”.

Theo

Premium Subscriber
The site that was added is the West side i believe. No point to monitoring everything is completely encrypted. They are still operating EDACs as normal. You can tell some users have been switched over to digital, so I am assuming on the P25 there is some migration but because of the encryption of everything it is hard to tell.

I am not bothering to really look into the P25 system as there is no point and nothing to listen. I check every so often to see if there is open talk groups but so far everything is completely encrypted.
Actually not true I monitor both simultaneously several FD dispatches are in the clear on P25 including the trucks and rescues most PD are encrypted however as of 11/19.

ngel

Actually not true I monitor both simultaneously several FD dispatches are in the clear on P25 including the trucks and rescues most PD are encrypted however as of 11/19.[/QUOTE

Ok well maybe they just recently changed something because the other day every talk group on the new P25 site was encrypted including the suspected FD ones. I noted as you everything is still the same on EDACs system and both SO and FR remain on their normal talkgroups. Confirm you are hearing open talkgroups on the P25 site?

Theo

Premium Subscriber
Actually not true I monitor both simultaneously several FD dispatches are in the clear on P25 including the trucks and rescues most PD are encrypted however as of 11/19.[/QUOTE

Ok well maybe they just recently changed something because the other day every talk group on the new P25 site was encrypted including the suspected FD ones. I noted as you everything is still the same on EDACs system and both SO and FR remain on their normal talkgroups. Confirm you are hearing open talkgroups on the P25 site?
On the P25 the open groups vary sounds like a certain console for FD dispatch is open others are ENC. I listen more during the day so they could be just experimenting with the ENC.

ngel

Pasco P25

I have listened to the P25 system multiple times this week and all talkgroups are coming through as encrypted. I only once heard a "clear talkgroup" and it was a "patch" talkgroup on fire rescue. I have noticed more and more Sheriff and Fire users sound "digital" in their transmissions on the EDACs system. I would imagine that it is only a matter of time before they completely switch over....

tmcmath

Premium Subscriber
I'm very disappointed that the county is going 100% encrypted. Obviously there is nothing that can be done to stop this from happening. I will tell you all what I decided to do. A couple of times a month I get a call from the police association asking for a donation to help train and pay for equipment for police officers. I got a call Monday looking for donations again. I said no! When I was why I explained that my county has decided to conceal all activities by encrypting all the channels in there new radio system. I asked him to take me off the calling list. The officer calling wasn't happy about this conversation. If we can't change the decision, HIT THEM IN THE WALLET! I'm asking everyone to say NOOOO and make sure you tell them why.

abbadabbado

pasco enc

you have to remember sheriff noco is a transplant from the fhp an we all know how that went i have been exp in my own little world of listening an have found that is still alot to listen to i went a month with pasco turned off. between pinellas air florida med net an so much more. i call them the secret police lost a lot of respect but in a time of need i will be a hiprocrit an call fo help. but as listening goes i am happy eather way i cant chang it so i am ready to move on now having said that if pinellas goes that way i will have a melt down ilisten to pinellas an monitor the guys website with real time maps of acc an med calls fires every thing. his site is pinellas911.co real time matches radio traffic why is it to get 5 bars on pinellaas i have to point my yoga towards the gulf which is due west for me i live about 2 miles from gulf. if i point it towards the south or any other direction maybe 1 bar but towards the gulf of mexico i get 5 bars weard but it works

ngel

Pasco P25

What I heard was a patched talkgroup on the P25 system that was fire rescue west and in the clear. All other talk groups coming through were encrypted.

tampatracker

What I heard was a patched talkgroup on the P25 system that was fire rescue west and in the clear. All other talk groups coming through were encrypted.
Thanks, I was wondering if they had left any fire/rescue tg's open.

ngel

Pasco P25

Thanks, I was wondering if they had left any fire/rescue tg's open.

No they did not leave any fire talkgroups open. Today I was monitoring everything is back to encrypted. Last night they had a patched talkgroup open but that is no longer broadcasting.

ipfd320

Banned
Face it folks--scanning is gonna be no more here across florida and reading the forums across the country---i just cant understand why at least fire has to be encrypted--pd i can see on some things also but this is killin the hobby and more

mrat1234

I think Pasco sheriff switched to the p25 system. I was watching live PD and deputy carmac with k-9 Shep was going into a back porch. He got on the radio and it sounded digital because there was no static like on the edacs system. Are the systems patched and some deputy's are using p25 and some edacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.