Status on application

Status
Not open for further replies.

louisik1

Feed Provider
Hi there, please forgive my insolence.. The main fire feed in our area has been down for at least two weeks. I've got a replacement set up and ready to start broadcasting and put in an application a few days ago to pick up the mantle. I have no idea what happened to the original feed provider and I hope they are ok. Can I perhaps cover the feed for our area either going forward or until the original owner is able to pick it back up? It's the most popular feed in our area and I'd like to restore it for folks asap. Two weeks is a bit long for it to be down.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Louis

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Hi there, please forgive my insolence.. The main fire feed in our area has been down for at least two weeks. I've got a replacement set up and ready to start broadcasting and put in an application a few days ago to pick up the mantle. I have no idea what happened to the original feed provider and I hope they are ok. Can I perhaps cover the feed for our area either going forward or until the original owner is able to pick it back up? It's the most popular feed in our area and I'd like to restore it for folks asap. Two weeks is a bit long for it to be down.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Louis

Absolutely. If their feed is offline for 21 days it will automatically be deleted from the system and that provider will have to re-apply to broadcast that feed (unless they submitted a help request to save the feed from being deleted). Multiple people can host feeds from the same area, as long as none of the feeds are identical. If you'd like to provide the same feed as them, be sure to include a few extra frequencies/talkgroups so your feed is unique and not identical to theirs, in case it returns.

Usually, feed applications are not approved on the weekends, and it being a holiday weekend in the US, please be patient. If a live audio admin happens to be online, they will see your application and process it accordingly.

Reconrider

Usually, feed applications are not approved on the weekends, and it being a holiday weekend in the US, please be patient. If a live audio admin happens to be online, they will see your application and process it accordingly.
I submitted a bcalls for another API this morning around 6-7am EST. Was accepted I would say 4 hours later

Status
Not open for further replies.