Staunton PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Anyone been able to decode the talkgroups and timeslots in use on Staunton PD and Staunton City Schools? I see someone went back and added to color codes, but not the talkgroups and timeslots.

Anyone have a current channel line-up?

Just trying to program my XPR5550 for the area when I pass through or stay there.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Don't quote me because DMR is rather confusing to me but I've heard two different things.

One is "All Call" gets you any TG that comes across. The other was leaving the TG blank. (Contact name none) gets you all traffic on channel per TS.

If accurate it would just mean programming two channels, one in TS1 and the other in TS2.

I'm still not sure which is which but I just ended up programming 4 channels one each way for each time slot which I suppose is still another way to do it. Don't live up there though so can't help with specifics I'm afraid. If that works though it would allow you to receive anything coming across and it should display TG info with each transmission I think.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way...

I live 3+ Hours away and while I get up there a few times a year, when I am rolling into town is not the time to try to decode these things. I was hoping that since someone had posted the color codes they had actually decoded the talkgroups as well...

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Sorry about that ATF. The decoding may also be a wrong idea on my part as I thought that whatever TG there was would then show up on the display when a transmission came in.

Still trying to learn the whole thing and it looks like I have much more left than I thought...

Once again, my apologies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
No worries...

I wish it did work that way, would make things a lot easier. I guess next time I am up there I will bring my portable and run Genfit on the frequencies for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.