Staunton Police Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebowles5

Premium Subscriber
Hi, my parents have an older scanner, and in the last few days they haven't been able hear Staunton pd. Was just wondering if anybody knows if the frequency has changed.

Thanks!

ebowles5

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. So, I guess they will have to invest in a new scanner in order to listen?

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
No, unfortunately there is no scanner that will decode (receive) the Mototrbo digital signal. In post #3 of the link above, Mike had an idea of how you could receive by purchasing a radio capable off of Ebay.

The Valley is going quite:(

ebowles5

Premium Subscriber
Darn! My Dad is a retired Staunton police officer, he's really going to hate not being able to listen! Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
You could (or have someone else) set up an older scanner with a disc. tap going to a PC running DSD to decode the audio.

But, if you don't have the spare scanner and PC, it might be easier and cheaper to get a radio off eBay.

If I still lived there, I would really consider the portable on eBay.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ebowles5

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Mike. Which type of radio do you recommend from ebay? I coincidentally just bought a trucking scanner off of there yesterday for myself. Lol

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Mike. Which type of radio do you recommend from ebay? I coincidentally just bought a trucking scanner off of there yesterday for myself. Lol

Check out the above link to the other thread. I've never used or owned one. You might want to contact the seller to make sure they can/will program it for you. Be ready with any info like frequencies you want programmed in it. You might want to find a local radio shop and see if they would be willing to sell you one and program it for you. You might want to mention you only need/want to monitor.

Has anyone really confirmed what Staunton PD went with? I wished I still lived there...is be able to ask what they went with and see the radios. Also, does anyone know if they changed over all channels?

Last edited:

ScanWV

Premium Subscriber
Check out the above link to the other thread. I've never used or owned one. You might want to contact the seller to make sure they can/will program it for you. Be ready with any info like frequencies you want programmed in it. You might want to find a local radio shop and see if they would be willing to sell you one and program it for you. You might want to mention you only need/want to monitor.

Has anyone really confirmed what Staunton PD went with? I wished I still lived there...is be able to ask what they went with and see the radios. Also, does anyone know if they changed over all channels?

I spoke with a radio technician recently about this and was told it was mototrbo. Ive seen officers with Motorola XPR™ 6550 / XPR 6580 potable radios. I know they've had the radios for a few months waiting for the change over. I was told that fire department has the radios also but not sure if they will be using mototrbo soon. If i hear of any updates I will let everyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.