Staunton - Stonewall Jackson Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have the freq for their radios? They are not listed in the FCC DB under the hotel name or Crestline Hotels & Resorts (who apparently owns it).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

W2NJS

They may be operating under an FCC private carrier license which is held by a radio rental company, which could be a local radio shop. This is a common arrangement these days which saves the user all of the hassle of licensing, renewals, etc. Best bet would be to stop by and see if someone would let you look at a radio to see if it had a dealer sticker or other ID on it.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
The shenandoah valley is well populated with community repeaters so likely they are a paying customer of someone else. Likely to be on either of the very common ones on elliots knob on either 461.750 or 462.125. (There used to be another community repeater up on reddish knob 461.025 - but I think that one is gone.)

Good Luck.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the suggestions. I am here now. I really do not think they are leasing the radios or use some repeater on some mtn top since the building is tall enough to have theirs on the roof (if they have one). I have been searching the normal common business freqs but I think they just aren't used that much. I only brought my PSR-800; should have brought the Pro46 too.

Wife and I are here until tomorrow. I'm very familiar with the area since I was born here and lived here for about 30 years. I have most everything from when I lived here but the hotel has been renovated since I moved and is really nice now. It used to be a real dump.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
I used to own the 461.025 repeater before it was on reddish knob (from about 1987-1995). I think now its owned by Blue Ridge or someone else or is off the air. I had 30 large customers back then and over 600 subscribers online, including town of Grottoes and Shenandoah's Pride, but not Stonewall Jackson! The other two repeaters are still on the air in Augusta County. I guess you will need to sneak a peak at someones radio if they are not on a community repeater.

Status
Not open for further replies.