Staying near Calabasas, opportunities to listen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

I will be staying in Calabasas in the next week or so and want to know what are my listening opportunities. Would it be possible to listen in to LA-RICS and any 380 MHz systems? Or will the terrain be blocking my chances?

Many thanks!

wiredwrx

Hello everyone,

I will be staying in Calabasas in the next week or so and want to know what are my listening opportunities. Would it be possible to listen in to LA-RICS and any 380 MHz systems? Or will the terrain be blocking my chances?

Many thanks!

I haven't lived in Calabasas in many, many years. But, most of Calabasas is in a Valley. You can probably monitor LA Sheriff, Lost Hills Station fairly easily, but remember that they basically operate in simplex mode, so you want to program both the input and output freqs of the system. You can also likely monitor some LAPD frequency, like Citywide/Air/K9, and some of the Valley stations, like West Hills. LAFD should be easy to monitor as well.

I can't think of any 380 stuff that you would be able to listen to, and I am unsure about LA-Rics, its way to new for me. But, you may get lucky. Also, you might end up staying some place with some relative height, and maybe able to listen to everything you want.

Enjoy your stay.

PaulNDaOC

LASD Lost Hills Station is in Calabasas,,, Disp is 482.9125 L-tac (car-to-car,car-to station) 483.9125

Calabasas units are 224 units,,, Station 220David, Agoura Hills 222,,, Note dispatchers work multiple channels per console so you'll hear traffic from around the county mixed in.

Fire Dispatch 470.5375 All other traffic after dispatch is on Blue 3 470.6125

Stations: East Calabasas Eng68 Sq 68
West Calabassas 125 Engine 125, Quint 125

Highway Patrol covering 101 fwy 45.52

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Thank you everyone, I have LASD and LAFD loaded!

As far as your favorite monitoring spots that is high up above the basin to "listen it all in", where would you recommend? I was thinking Topanga Overlook and Jerome C. Daniel Overlook above the Hollywood Bowl and Griffith Park for LA Basin stuff.

PaulNDaOC

Try Mulholland Hwy,, it hugs the ridge of the hills between the Valley and Basin. There are a number of parks where you can safely scan.

I would like to add that in addition to the freqs for the area, County and City Fire are both on pulsepoint. Calabassas is part of Division 7,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.