Stennis Space Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietPlease

...I'm trying to listen.
Database Admin
Anyone have any new information about the Stennis Space Center system? NASA systems in Alabama and Louisiana have recently been updated and combined into one system. Wondering if SSC may have joined them or upgraded their own system.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
All the updates from Ricco Marsh are recent, last year he did some contract comms work there and also lives right outside NOLA so keeps current info flowing.

fasteddy64

I am hearing traffic on the MSWIN system here in Waveland, talk group 60125 that I believe is from Stennis.
Just heard an announcement for lightening within 5 miles of Stennis on that talk group.

INDY72

Could be the Field Ops announcing for FD and Security. I know here, KIND has the Airport Police, and Airport Fire/Rescue make lightning detection announcements, from Green, to Yellow/Green, to Yellow, then usually right to Red right as the storm hits.

fasteddy64

Could be the Field Ops announcing for FD and Security. I know here, KIND has the Airport Police, and Airport Fire/Rescue make lightning detection announcements, from Green, to Yellow/Green, to Yellow, then usually right to Red right as the storm hits.
I am just trying to figure out exactly who it was and why they were on MSWIN when Stennis has their own trunked system.

INDY72

I am just trying to figure out exactly who it was and why they were on MSWIN when Stennis has their own trunked system.
Interop. We have our own systems here, but have full access to the State system to interop with all the others surrounding us who are on the State system. And vice versa, they have access to our system for interop with us also. And the National Guard has their own system at the Joint Forces Training Base here, and also full use on the State system. Like with Camp Shelby there, have they got rid of ALL their other radios and just use the MSWIN full time? I highly doubt that. They do have a multi tower simulcast site for their use on the MSWIN, but they do still have the Army issued systems too.

Last edited by a moderator:

fasteddy64

Interop. We have our own systems here, but have full access to the State system to interop with all the others surrounding us who are on the State system. And vice versa, they have access to our system for interop with us also. And the National Guard has their own system at the Joint Forces Training Base here, and also full use on the State system. Like with Camp Shelby there, have they got rid of ALL their other radios and just use the MSWIN full time? I highly doubt that. They do have a multi tower simulcast site for their use on the MSWIN, but they do still have the Army issued systems too.
ok

Status
Not open for further replies.