Sterling Hts PD Shoot, and Kill...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Sterling Heights Police shot, and killed a man near 18 Mile, and Ryan Rd, at the Rudgate Manor Mfg. Home Park. It was a "Breaking Story" on CH-7. I think it had something to do with an attempted car theft, and occurred around 11:30PM. I'm trying to get more info.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Most excellent story with a great ending! Instead of giving the cops administrative leave, they should have given them an all expenses paid vacation!

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I wouldn't call someone being dead in the end a great ending. A great ending would have been if the guy would have given his self up and no one got hurt.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Dubbin said:
I wouldn't call someone being dead in the end a great ending. A great ending would have been if the guy would have given his self up and no one got hurt.

Why? So tax payers can support this guy while he sits in prison. Most likely to get out someday and possibly commit more serious crimes? I don't think so!

If the guy wasn't a hardened criminal, and just some kid joyriding, then maybe he shouldn't have run from the cops, and pulled a gun on them! Anyone who pulls a gun with the intent to shoot a police officer, or Innocent citizens deserves to die in my book.

There is a book I recomend you read someday... "Kill Or Get Killed"

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Combustion said:
I don't think this thread is a "Michigan Radio Discussion" allthough the news is interesting

It started out as an FYI for those interested in monitoring the activity. It got sidetracked, as they often do. Sorry about that. I'll end it here.

Thanks!

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I guess I have to eat my words, as it wasn't such a happy ending. Turns out the perp was a 15 year old run-away with a toy gun! He painted the orange tip black so it looked real. Apparently he had a lengthly criminal background from Massachusetts.

I'll still say under the circumstances he was asking for it. Maybe he wanted to die. It certainly was not the fault of the police officers involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.