Sterling Securities LLC Newark, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I have been looking all over for the radio frequencies used by Sterling Securities. Their home base is in Newark, NJ. However, they are the security guards for the Shop Rite in Elizabeth, NJ and probably for several other shopping centers in northern NJ. I know they use hand held radios to communicate. I am not sure if they use a repeater system under a different license name or just simplex. I also noticed their vehicles have a very short, black rubber antenna on top. I am very surprised they aren't listed in RR or in the FCC database. They must be licensed under a different name I'm guessing. Any help would be appreciated.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
They may not own the repeater or radios and are just paying for the service. Hanging out in the area with close call turned in might be your best bet at finding the frequencies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Analogrules

Thanks. I figure it's possible they just use regular FRS motorola business frequencies.

sterling105

Hello N2ZGE, my name is FRANK and I'm in charge of the communications Dep. At Sterling Securities.
I would like to thank you for the interest on our frequency but at the same time would like to know the reason why you are trying to obtain this information and what use you will give to it.
thanks.

cash082

Premium Subscriber
I agree. Just try to CC it.
sterling105- We all love scanning here on this site. Listening to everything from air traffic to police to a taxi is of interest to all of us. It's a hobby that we all love. Hence all the money spent, radios purchased, antennas purchased..etc. Go look at the pictures of setups forum here. Some of them are insane! :)

Analogrules

Frank, I was looking for the frequencies for the same reason why anyone on here is looking for ANY frequency. It's a hobby of ours!! I think I can speak for just about everyone on this forum when it comes to this. ha ha ha. I did close call them recently and realized that Sterling does NOT have a repeater system, however they use the same Simplex frequencies that are licensed to Village Supermarkets aka Shop Rite. If they work for any other stores, I would assume they simply use the same frequency as that particular store would use. The frequencies they use at the Elizabeth NJ Shop Rite have been posted under that thread. Here's the link. http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...m/112252-shop-rite-security-elizabeth-nj.html

No need for alarm Frank.......but anytime I see someone using a radio that is not listed in the RR forum database, it sparks my curiosity to find out what they are using, and if they are even using it legally according to FCC guidelines and licenses. This also sparks the question....is it legal according to FCC guidelines for a company to use a radio frequency licensed to another company (such as Shop Rite) if they are providing security for them? I'm guessing it is, but I think it's still a good question to consider.

ecps92

simply put - if it transmits we are interested in it. Doesn't matter the mode, freq, use

Folks listen to many different aspects of the hobby, from Taxi Cabs, to trains, planes and automobiles, Police, fire ems, to even Security at the malls.

Hello N2ZGE, my name is FRANK and I'm in charge of the communications Dep. At Sterling Securities.
I would like to thank you for the interest on our frequency but at the same time would like to know the reason why you are trying to obtain this information and what use you will give to it.
thanks.

KC2zZe

This also sparks the question....is it legal according to FCC guidelines for a company to use a radio frequency licensed to another company (such as Shop Rite) if they are providing security for them? I'm guessing it is, but I think it's still a good question to consider.
Having taken a peak at the FCC station authorization is question, your guess is correct; the answer is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.