Steuben County Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

omlbed

Premium Subscriber
Will be traveling to Steuben County Indiana soon. What is available to listen to there with HomePatrol1? Mostly interested in public safety.

Thanks!

nsrailfan6130

All Primary Comms are on OpenSky 800 and No scanner on the market can monitor this. You should be able to get Indiana SAFE-T for areas surrounding Steuben Co, but, that's it.

omlbed

Premium Subscriber
Is there any VHF left with FDs or medics?

What about surrounding counties? Branch Co MI, Hillsdale Co MI, Williams Co OH, Dekalb Co IN and LaGrange Co IN?

Thanks!

nsrailfan6130

I'll be honest, I don't pick DeKalb & Lagrange like I used to so I will defer to someone in Indiana to answer that. I do know that ISP in Ft Wayne & the Indiana Toll Road is on SAFE-T. I'll have to retract what I said in my last post, Branch, Hillsdale, & Williams are VHF for sure. OSHP Post 20 & Ohio Turnpike are on MARCS. Hope this helps some.

GTO_04

All Primary Comms are on OpenSky 800 and No scanner on the market can monitor this. You should be able to get Indiana SAFE-T for areas surrounding Steuben Co, but, that's it.

So did they fix all the problems with the Open Sky system? At one point they quit using it and went back to the old system.

GTO_04

nsrailfan6130

The understanding I have, is that after their OpenSky got going (About 2 or so years ago), they had issues with it for a little while and switched over to the old system for a short period of time while they fixed the new system, They did go back to OpenSky fulltime.

Status
Not open for further replies.