Steubenville FD/EMS Paging Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

rreed4

Premium Subscriber
Now that Steubenville FD is running EMS in the city, and they are being dispatched by county 911, I am looking for their paging tones to program into my Minitor VI. I looked on the Jefferson County WIKI on RR and it lists most FDs paging tones, but not Steubenville. I know this is a new transition for Steubenville and they may not be available yet to us. Was hoping to avoid trying to decode them myself from Stark County. Any help/guidance is appreciated. Thanks

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Now that Steubenville FD is running EMS in the city, and they are being dispatched by county 911, I am looking for their paging tones to program into my Minitor VI. I looked on the Jefferson County WIKI on RR and it lists most FDs paging tones, but not Steubenville. I know this is a new transition for Steubenville and they may not be available yet to us. Was hoping to avoid trying to decode them myself from Stark County. Any help/guidance is appreciated. Thanks
I will see what I can come up with.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Thanks Tom, all tones are now complete for WIKI.

I went ahead and added the All Call tone to the Wiki as well. Seems odd that they're using 1034.5 for all call; usually it's the common tone (in this case the A tone) played for 8 seconds, which is a legacy from the days when tone frequencies were determined by plug-in reeds in the pager, and you had to go with either A or B. With modern Motorola or Harris hardware there's no reason they can't use a separate tone, though.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
I went ahead and added the All Call tone to the Wiki as well. Seems odd that they're using 1034.5 for all call; usually it's the common tone (in this case the A tone) played for 8 seconds, which is a legacy from the days when tone frequencies were determined by plug-in reeds in the pager, and you had to go with either A or B. With modern Motorola or Harris hardware there's no reason they can't use a separate tone, though.
Tom,

Station 67 had two all calls yesterday and that was what came up twice. I was running PROSCAN for the logging. I have been using the tone out feature on my SDS200 to capture this. It's really a nice feature. I will also keep monitoring to make sure. Thanks @wa8pyr

Status
Not open for further replies.