Steven Seagal Lawman

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpswx4cster

The deputies riding with him are all being paid $35.00 an hour to ride with him (by the production company). None of them are beat deputies. Seagal wanted to do a second season, but thankfully our Sheriff turned him down.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I watched the first two shows on the premier night and that was enough for me.
In watching one of last week's episodes on my Tivo yesterday, I got a chuckle out of Seagal referring to the discovered .44 Magnum revolver as a "pistol." So much for his weapons expertise...
Um, just what would you call a pistol other than a pistol? And trust me, I do know what I am talking about; however, in case you want some further verification ...
pistol - noun - a firearm that is held and fired with one hand

cfr301

I watched the first two shows on the premier night and that was enough for me.
Um, just what would you call a pistol other than a pistol? And trust me, I do know what I am talking about; however, in case you want some further verification ...

Lou:
I think he is applying the analogy of Pistol as in Auto Pistol, and Revolver as in 44 Mag Revolver, but in the strict definition that you posted both can be called a pistol. As a Law Enf. Firearms instructor, we taught students to distinguish between Auto Pistol and Revolver.

As for the topic of this thread, I believe Seagal is a bit over and above with his visions and all the stuff he gets involved in, its sort of like watching a bunch of guys out driving around looking to get Seagal into something worth filming.

Rick

charlie12

The deputies riding with him are all being paid $35.00 an hour to ride with him (by the production company). None of them are beat deputies. Seagal wanted to do a second season, but thankfully our Sheriff turned him down.

I heard the second season has already been filmed.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber

Those guys look older than Seagal ! The first thing I thought when I saw that crew riding in that exploder was if they have to chase anyone on foot they're getting away for sure. They need a young guy in the back seat as a runner. When they pulled that dude over doing doughnuts in that hidious camaro and they found the gun that old cop got knocked on his a$$ somehow. That dude could've easily smoked at least two of those cops if he wanted too.

Hooligan

Lou:
I think he is applying the analogy of Pistol as in Auto Pistol, and Revolver as in 44 Mag Revolver, but in the strict definition that you posted both can be called a pistol. As a Law Enf. Firearms instructor, we taught students to distinguish between Auto Pistol and Revolver.

Rick

Thanks for helping Lou out!

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I caught a couple of the episodes. Parts of them were a "bit corny"... which I feel is probably due to it being filmed for TV. I did enjoy what I've watched, though. I have the Tivo set to record now, and will probably continue to watch them for as long as the show is on.

Todd

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Lou:
:lol:
Both are pistols. One is a revolver, one is an semi-automatic (normally incorrectly called an automatic). The difference is normally more of a descriptive application to identify weapons.

Thanks for helping Lou out!
Thanks for the sarcasm.

BTW, I too was a weapons instructor for 4.5 years at the US Army Military Police school, so consider maybe I might know what I am talking about.

cfr301

:lol:
Both are pistols. One is a revolver, one is an semi-automatic (normally incorrectly called an automatic). The difference is normally more of a descriptive application to identify weapons.

Thanks for the sarcasm.

BTW, I too was a weapons instructor for 4.5 years at the US Army Military Police school, so consider maybe I might know what I am talking about.

Lou: I don't see any indication in any of the post I've read that anyone (except you) implies that you don't know what your talking about, I was just trying to clarify the terms by which a Law Enf. Officer might apply terms described in the previous post. No offense was intended just contribution to the thread.

Rick

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
I've seen commercials for this show and I hope Segal doesn't have to chase down the bad guys by foot. he'll never catch them. he looks like he's packed on a fewwww pounds.

red8

I like the show, I catch it every other Wednesday. When I am not working. I met the Great Harry Lee about 10 years ago in Baton Rouge. He was a GREAT man, that stood up for his deputies. The legislature was about to cut our supplemental pay that we got from the state at the time. I was the only deputy from EBRSO that was there at the capitol. JP and NOPD had a lot of people there. We were holding a rally on the steps to get the politicians to listen to US. Harry was there, my sheriff WASN"T, My opinion Harry Lee was a true man of INTEGRITY.

ssd

Its is fake when he ues the radio he has a cp200. But all the cops that work with him have xts5k now he dos to but never talks on it its fake talk when he dos I. Am sad what a wast of a good radio ues. He should give me that xts5k I would put it to ues

Ensnared

Nothing could beat the reality show with the former cop from Chips, Jack, Ozzy's son, Ms. Jackson, Wee Man, etc. It was really weird.

I would recommend sending Seagal to "Fat City" if it is still a sleezy place to be. Rumor has it, the "Do-Gooders" were attempting to sterilize this hot spot like Disney did to Times Square.

Personally, I prefer the sin!

JamesPrine

Seagal holds no POST certification from California or anywhere else, certainly not Louisiana, and he is not a Louisiana POST-certified Firearms Instructor, either. One thing you will never see is Seagal taking a real call by himself, camera crew or no.

Don't tell me it's his ago, I'm 59 now and working solo in a real patrol unit is no big deal, but then I've been a policeman, not an actor, since the 70's. I do my own stunts, too <g>.

JPSO can do better than this for its P.R. image.

BTW, my wife was JPSO until a drunk killed her while she was on the way to work at the East Bank Lockup. She was often amused when prisoners bragged that a movie star was involved in their arrests...

Hooligan

Sorry about your wife, James. I'd be perfectly happy to have chronic drunks put to sleep.

So what's going on? I thought I saw promos a month or two ago about a new season for this stupid show, and it might be on now. I took it out of my Tivo lineup after the second season & am not interested in watching the show, but it seems like "Seagull' has been discredited & terminated any relationship with JPSO, so even though Seagull owns the production company that makes the show, I can't see how JPSO didn't resist a new season.

JamesPrine

Pistol, Revolver, Handgun?

Pistol, revolver or handgun, who cares? It shoots bullets and can kill you dead.

If you were ostensibly teaching law enforcement officers about firearms, it makes a huge difference. You can bet a defense attorney will do his homework and if he catches sloppy and inaccurate verbiage spouted by a firearms instructor, that instructor will be made to look like an ass in court, and deservedly so.

BTW, why would someone want to shoot a bullet? Particularly an inaminate object?

Status
Not open for further replies.