Stevens Institute of Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

rufus-7

does anyone know what frequeny the campus pd is using? i know they used to be on 464.475mhz pl 162.2 but i haven't heard a peep in over a month now. thanks in advance.

SCPD

QRT
Stevens Inst

Rufus,

They may have changed PL or frequency? I checked their FCC license data KNEL812 and they have a second low power frequency of 464.3250 They also have a second FCC license KB67357 with 5 low power UHF frequencies.
With low power UHF frequencies you will have to be either very close by t or have a good antenna. However with a good antenna you may pick up other close by low power users licensed on the same frequencies.
Also FCC license data may show frequencies that are low power but then the licensed agency does something else.
Example; Montclair State University is licensed for 10 low power / mobile UHF frequencies under WPKE307. However, out of the 10 frequencies 2 are actually repeater out puts i.e higher power for campus police and OEM.
So a little more time and patience in monitoring the above frequencies and if you can and if your scanner can do PL/DPL search this may solve the mystery.
Once you have your revised data you then can submit it to RR.
I hope this helps:D

AlexC

Database Admin
They are Trbo now - but leave the analog up for interop. Key up and you should still get the repeater.

-Alex

SCPD

QRT
Stevens

Thanks guys, I even learned something today!
I updated the data base to reflect these changes even adding at brief note to the sub category. :D

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
They are Trbo now - but leave the analog up for interop. Key up and you should still get the repeater.

-Alex

Key up? On a police frequency? You've got to be kidding me.....

AlexC

Database Admin
Key up? On a police frequency? You've got to be kidding me.....

Oh yeah, I do it all the time. Then again, I'm authorized to do it.

Not everyone here uses scanners.

-Alex

bezking

Knock it off. Now. Since this thread contains useful information and discussion, I am not going to close it. But I will if it deteriorates any further.

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
Pointing out how illegal it is to be keying a police repeater just to see if your scanner programming is o.k. is not useful information?

You do realize that isn't acceptable right? It could/should land people in jail. It was advice for those not smart enough to know better.

AlexC

Database Admin
Pointing out how illegal it is to be keying a police repeater just to see if your scanner programming is o.k. is not useful information?

You are making assumptions based upon what you believe to be true.

You do realize that isn't acceptable right? It could/should land people in jail. It was advice for those not smart enough to know better.

Again, this depends on the context. The frequency is programmed in to a radio used for communications with Steven's police and happens to be in a physical marked vehicle used by a public safety agency in the area. It is understood that calling on the channel using analog voice will get a response from the dispatcher or unit on scene using analog.

Now, I would agree that *if* I were trying to "mess" with the repeater which you are assuming (incorrectly) that I am doing then I would agree that the legality could be called in to question.

As explained above, that is not the case.

If you would like to discuss further, I am happy to do so via PM. This will be my last response on this topic.

kc2rgw

Premium Subscriber
You told the general public to do it. This has nothing to do with _you_ . You told the general public to key the repeater to check it...read back.

Status
Not open for further replies.