Sticky for Unication Sharing Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Any chance a sticky can be posted in the Unication forum with a link to the profile sharing site? This should be a first stop for anyone looking for a profile, in my opinion.

belvdr

There is not one for radios or scanners why should pagers be different
I don't see the relevance in my request and whether scanners or radios have a sharing site. if there was one for another manufacturer, then create a sticky there.

A codeplug sharing site was deployed by Unication and it helps users find a codeplug.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I just do not see this happening like I said this site does not host codeplugs for scanners or radios.
Unication runs what you want.
Hosting codeplugs may put this site at risk. Many places have ask for their data to be removed before

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I just do not see this happening like I said this site does not host codeplugs for scanners or radios.
Unication runs what you want.
Hosting codeplugs may put this site at risk. Many places have ask for their data to be removed before
It was never suggested that RR host codeplugs. Did you actually read the first post, or are you just ranting as usual?

The OP was simply suggesting that a thread be stuck to the top of the Unication section that has the link to Unication's codeplug hosting site. That's it.

belvdr

As reference the link is on the Wiki page. the Wiki Page is pinned to the top of the forum.
Yeah I realized that when I posted. It doesn't seem apparent to most people to check the wiki, including myself. I was suggesting a more direct approach, with a subject line similar to "Unication CodePlug Sharing Site" to help others help themselves.

belvdr

Your choice but I obviously don’t agree, considering the posts asking if anyone has a code plug. :)

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
The Unication forum only has 3 stickies, whereas the Ohio forum has 11. Just sayin'. The visibility would help.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Your choice but I obviously don’t agree, considering the posts asking if anyone has a code plug. :)

That's because folks are lazy. No one wants to do the work anymore. Do some research and find the stuff. Google is a great tool. Its daily I need a code plug for this or that. If it takes 2 more clicks to get to the link its too much work ?

belvdr

That's because folks are lazy. No one wants to do the work anymore. Do some research and find the stuff. Google is a great tool. Its daily I need a code plug for this or that. If it takes 2 more clicks to get to the link its too much work ?
If people don't know it exists or to check the wiki, posts come out looking for help. I don't think many people think to look in the wiki or think to even search for a codeplug sharing site.

I was simply trying to shortcut that and help people help themselves. If folks don't want it, that's fine. I don't have a desire to debate it one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.