Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
I see Tanker on CAP duty now in North Jersey is IGOR-55 the same old AZ ANG #57-1419 that came into McGuire
the other day as SPUR-82.

POTUS and FLOTUS are in Bedminster at Trump National.

It's still on station as of 20:30L. It's a little extra interesting than normal though. That specific aircraft is the oldest KC-135 airframe in the USAF inventory. Delivered 1958. The list I have still shows it assigned to the 190th ARW, Kansas ANG Topeka. My list might be out of date though.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
POTUS and FLOTUS are in Bedminster at Trump National.

It's still on station as of 20:30L. It's a little extra interesting than normal though. That specific aircraft is the oldest KC-135 airframe in the USAF inventory. Delivered 1958. The list I have still shows it assigned to the 190th ARW, Kansas ANG Topeka. My list might be out of date though.
See what happens when you don't read previous messages here like from two days ago #2,285
No worries I do that too here sometimes.. we all do :)

RadioDitch

Field Operations Member
Premium Subscriber
See what happens when you don't read previous messages like from two days ago #2,285 :)

I have two teenagers. Having time to read anything is often a miraculous accomplishment. lol. Thanks Mark.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Cool,saw Delaware Surf fish report the other day in Del State news and that Rich King
had pic of Maryland A-10 buzzing the Cape Henlopen beach.. Nice scenic detour for them on way back from Atlantic City range :)

BTW behind logs lately here as my old main desktop data recording computer that I have used for years finally crashed for good.
All my old data etc on there and now cooked.. I didn't listen to my common sense and backup the data.
Got another old desktop for Air data but gonna be a while to get back up to speed :(
Can still surf internet good on this Pentium desktop machine that is fast :)

Last edited:

sfb88

Mark, depending on how your old computer failed the data may not be lost. You might want to remove the old hard drive, get a hard drive to USB adapter and plug it into the new computer to see if the files are still accessible.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Leaving for West Point by helo early tomorrow, 9am departure with ETA 9:35, headed back to Bedminster at 12:50pm. Return to ADW @ 4:25pm Sunday.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hearing reports out of ATL that ATL Center will be closed at midnight tonight for cleaning due to worker testing positive for covid19, reportedly said there will be a huge airspace hole over ATL. Unconfirmed report.

mdmonitor

KAF 3221 (Kuwaiti AF C-17 KAF 342 706217) heading for DOV.

1037- ?Devil?-21 using ZDC Salisbury 120.975. Then same guy w/Devil Ops (261.0) discussing some fuel issue.

1057- Noble flt (id as 2 acft) check in w/ZDC Salisbury (257.7)

Last edited:

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
Any of you guys out in VA or WVA hearing anything from the Army Dash-8 (Army 338)? He's been very active in the Harrisonburg VA area over the last couple of months.
Looks like the same orbits that are flown around Lakehurst. A quick google search shows an ISR contractor based at the Bridgewater Air Park which is located right in the bulls eye of today's orbit. Dynamic Aviation | Innovation Takes Flight

birdwatch548

Yes they built 338 with Leidos. Also 332 and every other ISR dash 8 you’ll see. Also some king airs but fewer of those than some of the other contractors. Only 90s and 200s where as other contractors built 350s.

mdmonitor

Looks like the same orbits that are flown around Lakehurst. A quick google search shows an ISR contractor based at the Bridgewater Air Park which is located right in the bulls eye of today's orbit. Dynamic Aviation | Innovation Takes Flight

He flies out of Manassas so the Bridgewater location could some sort of operations center/monitoring control center.

jsoergel

Feed Provider
He flies out of Manassas so the Bridgewater location could some sort of operations center/monitoring control center.

Dynamic Aviation did lots of ISR testing at Wright-Patterson when I lived next to the base. They orbit around painted targets on the ground (the one at KVBW: 38°22'00.1"N 78°57'32.7"W). The ground station receives their downlinked video and works with them to test different ranges/orientations/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.