Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsoergel

Feed Provider
1337- A-10s are up again on 228.1

Wonder if that is new freq for Kiowa Range at Ft Indiantown GAP? I haven't heard 233.45 active for quite awhile.

I thought 228.100 was one of their discretes.

The most current FTIG 350-2 shows 233.450/239.150 and 139.850/134.100 as the frequencies for Balky...so if they’ve changed, it would have been fairly recent.

freqhopping

More CAP chatter about the F-15s being from Oregon and staying in Savannah, GA. They said they're on the east coast for three months and they're restricted to the base. Heard the guys earlier also mention being restricted to base. The navigation system on one jet quit earlier, so they been circling and tanking together.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yeah what a busy crazy morning,was having trouble keeping up as seems every ANG unit in the area
was up and about not to mention the Blues/TBirds visit.First weekend of the month and nice wx forecast I guess.

I heard 228.100 A/A MD ANG on way back in Martin State while doing freq search on one radio. L+C here.
Ron this freq 228.100 was posted as MD ANG Tac A/A back in Winter when they were down Florida training
on this board. Added again to my MD ANG rotation..

As for Tbirds/Angels/Tankers 289.800 seemed to be the common freq between all parties involved when I heard them setting up
on the Eastern Shore.
Tanker said on 289.800 we will be waiting for you guys down here when show is done then later sounded like T-Bird 1
and Blue 1 doing final last minute setup info right before 11:30 am on same.
I listened mostly to T-Birds 141.750 as carries farther and was more readable. Only heard T-Birds on that freq.

Yeah those Portland guys on 228.900 boom with tanker was chatting with NOBLE-12 such foul language heard.
Sounded like the old Andrews VMFA-321 guys.. :)
Like Hop says they are on TDY for 3 months out here so likely hear them again..
Logged a unknown A/A today female 226.775 while on search mode while all this action was going on.
Just a really nice Saturday and hope everyone enjoyed it..

Last edited:

freqhopping

Just heard them clearing out to the south. Amazing how invisible they are at 20K+ ft. Even a KC-135 is hard to spot if they lighting isn't favorable, even when you know exactly where it should be.

F-15 ran off the runway at Andrews, according to the CAP.

I missed the beginning of this, but heard them chatting about another F-15. Did this have anything to do with the COSMIC flight in CAP midday? Someone have to divert to nearest rather than RTB?

IQ_imbalance

Premium Subscriber
Just heard them clearing out to the south. Amazing how invisible they are at 20K+ ft. Even a KC-135 is hard to spot if they lighting isn't favorable, even when you know exactly where it should be.

I missed the beginning of this, but heard them chatting about another F-15. Did this have anything to do with the COSMIC flight in CAP midday? Someone have to divert to nearest rather than RTB?
Don't know...just recently tuned in and caught them chatting about an aircraft 'in the grass' at Andrews, sounds like one of the CAP diverted a bit to put eyes on it and mentioned that the canopy was off. There was speculation about whether it was still on its gear, whether the landing hook snapped (implying an emergency landing?), and hoping that the pilot was OK. Fingers crossed that's the case, and also that perhaps someone caught this on tape for playback later....

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Someone with a premium membership want to check this archive for ADW tower?

How do you contact a feeder to find out if it's VHF, UHF, both? Ground side too?

I listened to the archives from about 1:40 onward and couldn't make out anything obvious. The recordings are really poor quality.

FIREBOX2914

Premium Subscriber
Someone with a premium membership want to check this archive for ADW tower?

How do you contact a feeder to find out if it's VHF, UHF, both? Ground side too?
I know the owner of this week. Its a Work in Progress. The feed is in Burke VA. I'm working on putting up one running from Arlington.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
2121 local PLOD-08 E-6B 163920 landing runway 19 Dover tower 126.350

2134 Antonov A-124 ADB5377 (508003) UR-82029 climbing up from KIAD to Iceland.
Slow climb,must be loaded.

PLOD08 landing at Dover AFB last night (picture from roof cam in Villas NJ).....yeah I know only the landing lights but it was dark out. Altitude about 500 foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.