Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
Some interesting activity in the DC area tonight. Local reports of lots of Blackhawks flying around Alexandria. At the same time MYSTIC61 C-12 with hex ADFE48 has been circling the area at 12,500ft for several hours. I heard a pilot tell DCA tower that he'd rather not discuss what they're doing. The C-12 is operating out of Manassas, like several RO-6As have been recently.

That ADFE48 aircraft is very interesting. If you see it again, here are some freqs it uses that you can check: Army National Guard RC-12 Aircraft - Scanner Frequencies

rjsincs

Press now reporting POTUS will be back in NJ again this weekend. TFR issued.

Looks like his luggage is already arriving.

On a side note it seems most of his equipment arrives in C17 with the last letter of the call sign being "T". I wasn't very conscious of this tracking stuff a few years ago. Does anyone know if it followed the same way for Obama or Bush etc? (Ending in O or B etc)

Attachments

• Clipboard01.png
    Clipboard01.png
    930.3 KB · Views: 13

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Looks like his luggage is already arriving.

On a side note it seems most of his equipment arrives in C17 with the last letter of the call sign being "T". I wasn't very conscious of this tracking stuff a few years ago. Does anyone know if it followed the same way for Obama or Bush etc? (Ending in O or B etc)

The "T" ending isn't used just for trump it is also used for the VP and foreign dignitaries, among others.

rjsincs

The "T" ending isn't used just for trump it is also used for the VP and foreign dignitaries, among others.
Did not know that! Thanks. I've only seen it in relation to Trump so the T made sense. Any idea if it actually means something or just a letter they use?

Mark

Premium Subscriber
2310- #92-900 right now over Charleston WVA on way home & #82-8000 approaching Louisville KY.
Seems USAF VIP staff planes getting new Satcom machines this Summer.

mdmonitor

Guys,

Saw on another list that when POTUS was in Oklahoma the CAP used freqs 271.0 & 234.7. I know we've heard 271.0 before in our area but 234.7 is new to me. Might be worth checking out next time we have CAP going.

Also CAP Fighter callsign was Noble. Maybe a standard CAP callsign?

Tech792

1925 local- DH8C (15-00338) in comms with Lakehurst ground 230.875. Starting a pattern on ADS-B. track originated from Manassas.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1925 local- DH8C (15-00338) in comms with Lakehurst ground 230.875. Starting a pattern on ADS-B. track originated from Manassas.

Looks like USSOCOM
will have a another DH8C on the way someday soon from Leidos.Article short on delivery details.
Maybe circling Lakehurst someday soon like the one above :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.