Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
VINYL 11 on the way. Looks like it completes the line up ?
VINYL 11 K10A WRI 84-0189
VINYL 12 K10A WRI 84-0192
VINYL 13 K35R SKA 60-0344
VINYL 21 K10A SUU 86-0029
VINYL 22 K10A SUU 84-0191
VINYL 23 K35R SKA 62-3564

Enough tankers to move a squadron of thirsty F-35's to Japan or back?
Notice in high res photo one F-35 has LF on tail.. Guess tail transfer from 56th FW Luke AFB.
Eielson rapidly launches 12 F-35As > Eielson Air Force Base > Article Display (af.mil)

1120 local 366.600 WBFM up and burning.. Looks like LOKI-82 E-4B 74-0125 off Andrews headed Southwest.

Last edited:

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
Squawk 42 or 422 doing multiple radio checks on VHF Guard. They have to be close as they are booming into my scanner. Any idea who this is ?

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
SCORE22? E-2D from Pax.

1307- Just identified as Mike929, 15 minutes out on 285.2.

So that means AE2FD2 is not 167929.
I apologize, still new to listening to aircraft. it just seemed odd for asking for multiple radio checks back to back.

How can I look up the aircraft I’m hearing ?

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1450 local On ADXB see a couple Quid tankers out of Mildenhall Southbound into Western Med East of Gibraltor.
QID 658,659 prob for the Minot Buffs WARBRD 1 and 2. Guess working their way back to the US.

freqhopping

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking "squawk" would not be a callsign since squawk has several meanings in aviation, and using it might cause confusion.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1450 local On ADXB see a couple Quid tankers out of Mildenhall Southbound into Western Med East of Gibraltor.
QID 658,659 prob for the Minot Buffs WARBRD 1 and 2. Guess working their way back to the US.
Notice that there is a ADS-B dead zone in the Med off coasts of Algeria and Libya.
Get some action off Egypt in the East and Morocco to the West.
Not sure who controls ATC thru straight of Gibraltar.. They funneled thru there Eastbound this morning.
1620 QUIDS popped back up again just East of Gibraltar going westbound at 27k and 28k.
Seems Seville Spain controls traffic thru the Straight.
May get a couple SPUR Tankers off New England later tonight for them.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Notice that there is a ADS-B dead zone in the Med off coasts of Algeria and Libya.
Get some action off Egypt in the East and Morocco to the West.
Not sure who controls ATC thru straight of Gibraltar.. They funneled thru there Eastbound this morning.
1620 QUIDS popped back up again just East of Gibraltar going westbound at 27k and 28k.
Seems Seville Spain controls traffic thru the Straight.
May get a couple SPUR Tankers off New England later tonight for them.
Madrid Center controls traffic in the strait according to the low altitude chart.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Madrid Center controls traffic in the strait according to the low altitude chart.
Rgr that was going by this article on Gibraltar airport that says Seville controls dep/apch.
Interesting airport itself is British territory so controlled by NATS or aka RAF.
Tower Tours: Managing air traffic control at Gibraltar Airport - NATS Blog
You got a road highway thru the runway. Gibraltar airport is like Guantanamo for USA flights.
Spain won't let UK flights in directly so you got to fly around Spain to land.. Old school bad blood about the whole situation.

Last edited:

AirScan

Just to be anal retentive (sorry I can't help myself), while the airspace is in the Madrid FIR (LECM) it's delegated to and controlled by the Seville ACC (LECS). While some charts don't show the Seville sectors you can see them on the Eurocontrol charts. I have no idea why they do it this way ? It's similar to how the southern part of Ontario is in the Toronto FIR but controlled by Cleveland Center.

Gibraltar.jpg

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Just to be anal retentive (I can't help myself), while the airspace is in the Madrid UIR (LEMC) it's delegated to and controlled by the Seville ACC (LECS). While some charts don't show the Seville sectors you can see them on the Eurocontrol charts. I have no idea why they do it this way ? It's similar to how the southern part of Ontario is in the Toronto FIR but controlled by Cleveland Center.
Shame neither on Live ATC net.. That Gibraltar pipeline such a narrow split between Africa and Europe.
Busy with boats and planes :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.