Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Hi, newish here. Just started monitoring Mil Air and was very excited to hear activity in my area today (GUARD DOG, HUNTRESS). I live near Waynesboro Pa/Hagerstown Md. It's great to see a thread dedicated to this.
Your in a good spot for Camp CAP work.. Starting up again this morning with IGOR-55 KC-135
off McGuire 0600 local. Mentions also working Huntress freq on 228.900 but also heard on 260.900
Viper got a couple pics of IGOR-54? with NOBLE F-16 on the boom yesterday.
holy****itsViper (@holy_itsViper) / Twitter

Last edited:

MMID303

Your in a good spot for Camp CAP work.. Starting up again this morning with IGOR-55 KC-135
off McGuire 0600 local. Mentions also working Huntress freq on 228.900 but also heard on 260.900
Viper got a couple pics of IGOR-54? with NOBLE F-16 on the boom yesterday.
holy****itsViper (@holy_itsViper) / Twitter
Awesome and amazing pictures from that Viper guy! Can't sleep so I might as well stay up and scan. Any idea when P-40 will be lifted?

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
260.900 - Would anyone know if this is a air to air frequency ? It seems that they (assuming the tanker) and whoever else are joking around with each other and then talk about some sort of manual (CW) or (CCW) ?

Mark

Premium Subscriber
IGOR tanker still there,they just turned off their mode s so most can't see them..
Fighters can still find them though..
260.900/228.900 are called callsign Huntress/Big Foot common (NORAD Control) freqs used all over the US but also double as A/A sometimes between fighters and tankers.
COSMICs are the NORAD Alert 177th FW fighters in Atlantic City. Always on ground standby.. Probably called in as NOBLE's delayed.
NOBLEs are on their way now though.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
I apologize this is still new to me. I've got two HUNTRESS channels, and two GUARD DOG channels. I'm hearing tons from HUNTRESS and heard them say COSMIC & NOBLE a few times and that just confused me. I'll learn, promise.

No worries, I’m still new myself and try to put all of the pieces together as best as I can. It’s can be challenging lol

Nomad99

Also echo the comments about Rene (not many of the older European milair people about these days...I miss our chats on IRC).

Echo same sentiments for Rene, hoping you make a full recovery.

And.. Us older European Milair folks are still about and have a "Modern" take of the old IRC chat room of old, give me a shout and I can pass on the details. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.