Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark, What do you mean a ways off there?
I meant location... Good gear you got..
1505 NOBLE to new tanker finds out delay for WINK-17 was standing water on runway on boom 247.050

Ron I see the one NATO-E3F NATO-5 went west to SW of Iceland today then rtb Belgium now.

Some good news from the T-Bird page... :) Rare you see any Demo team make that call.

After two days of inclement weather and show cancellations, we are excited to announce we’re staying an extra day in Long Island, NY to perform at the Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach State Park tomorrow, Monday, May 31st.
The forecast looks promising so grab your beach towel, some sunscreen and make your way out for our 1:50 p.m. aerial demonstration

Last edited:

ra7850

Premium Subscriber
I meant location... Good gear you got..
1505 NOBLE to new tanker finds out delay for WINK-17 was standing water on runway on boom 247.050

Thank you, the only unfortunate thing is that the antennas have to be indoors due to an HOA. I'm working on finding a way to access a close by old unused cell tower that hopefully will increase the signal strength dramatically. Just have to find a way to do it economically.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Good stuff but you are a ways off there in location.. I have some of the same and when CAP is over W Maryland
near Camp I only get some of the coms.. UHF has such a short range at times and topography also factors.
I like that BATS-D handheld Terry. LOL Prob cost about $10k+ even if you were allowed to have one.
Heck even the local Fire company handheld Motorola radios 700 MHZ radios go for $5k .. :)

Mark

10K is the price on Amazon LOL

In reality - see this

For this demonstration project, DARPA officials say the plan to buy four BATS-D radios from ViaSat at a cost of about $300,000

Let me see 300,000 / 4 = a whole lot of money for a handheld

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, the only unfortunate thing is that the antennas have to be indoors due to an HOA. I'm working on finding a way to access a close by old unused cell tower that hopefully will increase the signal strength dramatically. Just have to find a way to do it economically.

Pi4 if they have an internet connection still active.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach State Park to Fly Memorial Day
Popular tradition to go on following unprecedented weekend rainout
ONLY passes for Saturday and Sunday performances will be honored
New York State Office of Parks Recreation and Historic Preservation today announced the Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach State Park will be held on Memorial Day, Monday, May 31 after heavy rain forced cancellation of the weekend performance. This year will be the first time the performance was held on Memorial Day since being launched at Jones Beach State Park in 2004.
Committed performers include the United States Air Force Thunderbirds, the United States Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt (Warthog), Golden Knights, GEICO Skytypers, Mike Goulian, David Windmiller and others. The show will take place 12 to 3 p.m. For the latest information, visit: https://bethpageairshow.com.
All tickets for either Saturday or Sunday’s show, including all passes issued to Long Island’s health care heroes, will be honored.
“I’m tremendously grateful for all the partners, performers and staff who are pulling together to make Monday’s show happen,” said State Parks Commissioner Erik Kulleseid. “We’re excited for the traditional summer season at Jones Beach, starting with the Bethpage Air Show.”

ra7850

Premium Subscriber
Pi4 if they have an internet connection still active.
I might have to put a new cable modem service into the shack at the base of the tower. They seem agreeable, I can also put the scanners in the shack as its on private property and they will give me the key. I'm about 1800 ft away, through the woods to the tower. I thought about running hardline from the tower to my house, guess that would be too expensive. The local cable co just gave me 1000 ft of rg11 but it was too short.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
GASMAN-01 bugged out and NOBLE 31 is Marsa with NOBLE-21 and WINK-17?
1638 local GASMAN-01 looking for parking spot at Pittsburgh on their CP 311.000
1640 NOBLE-31 with WINK-17 on 247.050 ..
NOBLE-21 direct Richmond then Savannah. ZDC 307.250.."enjoy the rest of your Mem Day weekend"
1643 NOBLE-21 on ZDC Sea Isle 285.450 req direct Savannah.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1855 local Battleship A/A on 379.900 :) Funny how popular that old game is among CAP pilots and occasional Altrav killing time.
Used to hear old Syracuse NY ANG F-16's on NYC CAP patrol post 9/11 playing same game on VHF so carried a long way.
Those CAP's were long and tedious. Heard one F-16 pilot say after his last 10 hour mission over NYC area that they had to pry
him out of the cockpit.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Week ahead released...

Monday, May 31, 2021
The President and the First Lady will return to Washington, D.C.

Tuesday, June 1, 2021
The President will travel to Tulsa, Oklahoma

Nothing listed for next weekend, but I think @mdmonitor mentioned look for a trip to the beach house.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Monday return

8:35 AM POTUS/FLOTUS depart Wilmington, Delaware en route the White House from Delaware Air National Guard Base
9:30 AM THEY arrive at the White House landing on The Ellipse

Two local DC Memorial day events on schedule.

mdmonitor

I longingly look out my back window and an unused power transmission tower that used to have cell phone antennas on it. The antennas have been moved but I would love to get an antenna system up on that 100ft tower ;) and route it back to my house about 500 feet away.

BM82557

I longingly look out my back window and an unused power transmission tower that used to have cell phone antennas on it. The antennas have been moved but I would love to get an antenna system up on that 100ft tower ;) and route it back to my house about 500 feet away.

Ron, I don't think you need another tower, isn't this your current antenna farm?? --

Towers.jpg

Mark

Premium Subscriber
GASMAN-01 bugged out and NOBLE 31 is Marsa with NOBLE-21 and WINK-17?
1638 local GASMAN-01 looking for parking spot at Pittsburgh on their CP 311.000

Was just listening to tape CAP wrapup and was wondering what happened with GASMAN-01.
Why so short on scene?
WINK-17 tanker who finished CAP running down his latest contacts said 6 offloads with one contact for a 100k onload..
Earlier I heard NOBLE's laughing about another 100k fuel and wondered what was so funny.
At 7k fuel use per hour on the two fighters 100k extra for WINK-17 was enough fuel to add 12 hours to CAP not counting tanker fuel use.
Thats why they were laughing with just a few hours to go. Plenty of fuel to go around..

Last edited:

hill

Premium Subscriber
Yes I heard it live. I think it was 9 offloads with one receiving of 100k.

Wink 17 was up with the Command Post on 134.1 prior to landing and stated landing with 40K of fuel left.

hill

Premium Subscriber
Earlier today in the morning heard a tanker say he was 10k short of fuel. Maybe that's why the extra tanker could have been up or why Wink 17 got more. Didn't really hear the callsign of the tanker that was short, since doing other things at the time.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yes I heard it live. I think it was 9 offloads with one receiving of 100k.
Wink 17 was up with the Command Post on 134.1 prior to landing and stated landing with 40K of fuel left.

A long day for two CAP KC-10 tankers about 14.5 hours.. Kind of rare.. usually 3-4 tankers on a typical CAP day.
Luckily the F-16's are thrifty compared to the F-22's or F-15's. Nobody to chase down either in this wx.
GASMAN-1 got the lucky break as just go over to CAP and topoff KC-10 and done :)

Saw pre-race flyover at Charlotte 600 race earlier tonight of T-38's from Sheppard AFB..
NASCAR Salutes: Watch the pre-race ceremonies honoring America's fallen heroes at the Coca-Cola 600 - YouTube

Meet The Air Force Pilots Behind The Flyover At NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 In Charlotte | WFAE 90.7 - Charlotte's NPR News Source

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.