Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedicCop

Just caught ID AE64C1 on ADS-B Exchange landing at ILG, arriving from Quantico. Aircraft type unknown.

GriffissSpotter

13:19 - THUMPER 11 (x4) IFR clearance to Viper/Lightning West via GM ALW at BTV for afternoon flight. (via LiveATC KBTV)
13:25 - THUMPER 11 (x4) cleared for takeoff.
13:30 - CORSAIR 21 (x4) airborne and climbing out of BTV

Last edited:

AirScan

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what the CHUGS ATCAA is usually used for ? It's located in southern Vermont and is active today FL180-FL220 from 1230Z-2130Z. I've been checking the ZBW36 (123.750) archives and so far have not heard anything going into it ? The only reference to it was at 1440Z when the controller advised a VFR aircraft that it was not active at this time (it showed hot on the FAA SUA website).

CHUGS ATCAA.jpg

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
1515 local- Have MUSEL 18 on ADS over central NJ heading SW. Showing as a Huey 69-6637
(UH-1 1st Helo Squadron, Joint Base Andrews)

Last edited:

Bill28227

I am looking for a little help. I am in Eastern North Carolina and listen to the military scanner range. Sometimes I hear a strong signal talking but they do not show up on the ADSBexchange page. Is there another suggested site to try to see the planes? I love to take photos of them going overhead. Thanks
Bill

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a little help. I am in Eastern North Carolina and listen to the military scanner range. Sometimes I hear a strong signal talking but they do not show up on the ADSBexchange page. Is there another suggested site to try to see the planes? I love to take photos of them going overhead. Thanks
Bill

Not all military/government planes use transponders, and there isn't coverage in all areas. There is no better site than ADSBx for viewing military flights, but you will seldomly see fighter jets on there.

vgames15

First VIP movement announced in the vicinity of Rehoboth, Delaware. TFR issued for VIP movement June 02-04, 2021.

Had Nighthawk one flight of three and nighthawk 21 or 31 flight of 2 in and out of DOV today. Have a feeling it will be VC-25 to DOV then VH-3D to Gordon’s Pond where the landing zone has been set up. I do foresee POTUS coming home this weekend as nighthawk did stop at ILG but nothing confirmed as of yet.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Had Nighthawk one flight of three and nighthawk 21 or 31 flight of 2 in and out of DOV today. Have a feeling it will be VC-25 to DOV then VH-3D to Gordon’s Pond where the landing zone has been set up. I do foresee POTUS coming home this weekend as nighthawk did stop at ILG but nothing confirmed as of yet.

While that sounds like a possibility, I'm thinking he will helo from WH to Gordon's Pond, also since he is taking a midweek break doesn't really make sense he would go back to DC on Friday (according to TFR end time) and then return to DE on Saturday, but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.