Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Coming Northeast from Texas 09-0015 then 82-8000 and 09-0017.
1750 local some short P-25 ENC FM Coms strong on 141.550. The Old Sam Command.

Mark - do you have the ability to capture the NAC and the Radio Ids on 141.55 for the P25 traffic ?

Wonder if it is Civil Air Patrol on a "unpublished" frequency ?

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Mark - do you have the ability to capture the NAC and the Radio Ids on 141.55 for the P25 traffic ?
Wonder if it is Civil Air Patrol on a "unpublished" frequency ?
Negative on that but was two stations. One was distant as barely broke squelch and
the other sounded like next door... Short radio coms. Couple of Army helos up in area out of Phillips AAF but don't think
it was them.

Last edited:

freqhopping

2009- Have unid type acft using callsign Shado/Shadow on 136.275 (AM) try8ing to contact unid stn. This is an DHS freq. Maybe someone getting ready for next week?

I heard that. Heard someone calling FALCON1 (MPD helo). Then just heard someone that I couldn't really make out call up DCA tower on it, then they switched to DCA tower. Sounded like it ended with 163. Said they were going to INOVA for training.

TerryPavlick

Premium Subscriber
Maybe these guys, they are certainly low enough and slow enough --

View attachment 96976

YETI 163 is a flight of four YETI helicopters - so I would imagine they are the ones. Reported to be between Tysons Corner and Wolftrap just after 2000 local time. Apparetnly one of the helos was on the same transponder code as the lead. Tower requested the other helos squawk standby.

Not sure who is feeding KDCA on liveatc but maybe they could add the UHF frequency to the scan ?

WASHINGTON TOWER:​
119.1 134.35 ;HELICOPTERS 257.6

YETI flight landed at Davison a few minutes ago.

Last edited:

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
YETI 163 is a flight of four YETI helicopters - so I would imagine they are the ones. Reported to be between Tysons Corner and Wolftrap just after 2000 local time. Apparetnly one of the helos was on the same transponder code as the lead. Tower requested the other helos squawk standby.

Not sure who is feeding KDCA on liveatc but maybe they could add the UHF frequency to the scan ?

WASHINGTON TOWER:​
119.1 134.35 ;HELICOPTERS 257.6
Ok... I've been wondering why all the helicopters are flying around, any idea what are they doing, other than making lots of noise.

Thanks
Joel

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
This could be one reason

The naval observatory is downtown DC. The helicopters we were talking about were near Wolftrap park, The national park for the performing arts (almost had a chance to see Wierd Al- Yankovic there).

Thanks
Joel

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Looks like they may have been following I-95 up to I-495, like WW I fighter pilots following the railroads for navigation. :)

Thanks
Joel

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Rgr YETI ice cold sounds like SD guys.. Was a lot of Army ANG choppers up and around tonight
up my way from Wiede AAF and Del ANG all various types UH-60,EC45,Chinook.. Big day coming up so maybe getting ready.
The Del ANG most of them are older UH-60's so don't even show up mode s but heard on radio.
2210 local "Goggle 610 flight" with Weide AAF 126.200 inbound UH-60 #81-23610. Obviously practicing night assault with night vision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.