Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1410- Another TFR violation, intercept on N5195Y.
Yeah listening to replay Cessna squawking 1200 finally they tried him on Harford Cty/Cecil airport freq 122.800
after no luck on 121.500.. NOBLE 11 says Cessna is at 6k feet.. Pilot finally replies.
"Cessna Skyhawk 5195Yankee is turning South and sw to 134.250".
Pilot sounded a bit surprised.. My neighbor texted me. Why are F-16's flying around? :)
NOBLE-21,22 in CAP now touring Philly Navy yard A/A on 328.500.. Must be new to area.
"They sure got a lot of Navy boats down there".. (Philly Naval yard mothball fleet)

Last edited:

AirScan

A KC-135T (58-0112/AE0158) from the 171st ARW (PA ANG) is landing at Wheeler-Sack AAF (KGTB/Fort Drum) it started tracking in Central Idaho at FL200 so I don't know where it departed from. Anyone with info on why it is there or what it could be dragging...that would be amazing!

They didn't stay long. Callsign was STEEL 81. They were down around FL200 until Traverse City (TVC) then climbed up. Maybe dragging someone until the TVC area ? Something going down in GTB, there was a Delta A330 in there as well.

AirScan

Anyone with info on why it is there or what it could be dragging

Found them on ZMP, STEEL 81 was dragging 6 A-10s callsign BANG 11, they split at TVC but the A-10s continued eastbound handed off to Toronto 344.300, lost them on LiveATC after that. In that general direction they could have been heading to GTB as well, makes sense I guess as the Tanker landed there. BANG is not in the callsign list, not sure where they are out of ?

Update - heard the A-10s working Montreal so most likely they landed at GTB.

Last edited:

GriffissSpotter

Found them on ZMP, STEEL 81 was dragging 6 A-10s callsign BANG 11, they split at TVC but the A-10s continued eastbound handed off to Toronto 344.300, lost them on LiveATC after that. In that general direction they could have been heading to GTB as well, makes sense I guess as the Tanker landed there. BANG is not in the callsign list, not sure where they are out of ?

Update - heard the A-10s working Montreal so most likely they landed at GTB.
That would make sense that they split at TVC because that’s about when the tanker climbed to a higher altitude. Did the A-10s leave with the tanker?
On Flightradar24's track, it shows STEEL 81 at 10,000 feet and climbing in the vicinity of Boise Int'l Airport (KBOI) From that observation I am making the assumption that BANG 11 flight was from the 124th FW/190th FS

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1832 Looks like they had CAP tanker trouble as BANKER-38 rtb McGuire with 100k fuel alpha 3 as no disconnect function.
1843 local NOBLE-22 calls McGuire CP asks about diverting there with live weapons as tanker cancelled.
1920 no worries as BANKER-99 the Alert tanker KC-10 #83-0081 from McGuire climbing up for CAP work. NOBLE's A/A 328.500
1958 NOBLE-22 calls McGuire CP 237.150 says tanker showed up . Thank you so won't be landing McGuire. One top off and done for today.

Last week was funny when Alert tanker KC-10 pressed into service first thing in the morning the pilot said "I'm still in my pajamas" LOL

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A look at tomorrow and the rest of the weeks scheduled travel for POTUS, VP and SG.

WEEK AHEAD GUIDANCE FOR
THE WEEK OF MAY 3 – MAY 7

Monday, May 3, 2021

The President and the First Lady will travel to Yorktown, Virginia and Norfolk, Virginia, the schedule for Monday is;

8:40 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart the White House en route Joint Base Andrews from The Ellipse
9:00 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Joint Base Andrews en route Newport News, Virginia
9:45 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive in Newport News, Virginia Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport
11:35 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Newport News, Virginia en route Chesapeake, Virginia
11:55 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive in Chesapeake, Virginia Hampton Roads Executive Airport
2:30 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Chesapeake, Virginia en route Norfolk, Virginia
2:55 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Norfolk, Virginia en route Joint Base Andrews from Norfolk International Airport
3:40 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive at Joint Base Andrews
4:00 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive at the White House landing at The Ellipse

Tuesday, May 4
Vice President Kamala Harris will travel to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Wednesday, May 5
Second Gentleman Douglas Emhoff will travel to Allentown, Pennsylvania.

Thursday, May 6, 2021
The President will travel to Lake Charles, Louisiana and New Orleans, Louisiana
Mr. Emhoff will travel to Memphis, with Department of Labor Secretary Marty Walsh.

Friday, May 7, 2021
The President will travel to Camp David, where he will remain over the weekend.
Vice President Harris will travel to Cincinnati, Ohio.

SiuDude2

IDAHO17, C-12R, 95-00100 has been over Fairfax county for several hours, with Potomac on 118.95. It is currently right over IAD.

At one point, they were having trouble staying out of clouds and kept asking for progressively lower altitudes. Then they requested to be IFR at 7,000, presumably right below a cloud layer, but not enough to maintain VFR 500 feet below it. The controller reluctantly agreed.

Then a supervisor came on the radio which resulted in the following exchange:

IDAHO17

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A look at tomorrow and the rest of the weeks scheduled travel for POTUS, VP and SG.

WEEK AHEAD GUIDANCE FOR
THE WEEK OF MAY 3 – MAY 7

Monday, May 3, 2021

The President and the First Lady will travel to Yorktown, Virginia and Norfolk, Virginia, the schedule for Monday is;

8:40 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart the White House en route Joint Base Andrews from The Ellipse
9:00 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Joint Base Andrews en route Newport News, Virginia
9:45 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive in Newport News, Virginia Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport
11:35 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Newport News, Virginia en route Chesapeake, Virginia
11:55 AM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive in Chesapeake, Virginia Hampton Roads Executive Airport
2:30 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Chesapeake, Virginia en route Norfolk, Virginia
2:55 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY depart Norfolk, Virginia en route Joint Base Andrews from Norfolk International Airport
3:40 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive at Joint Base Andrews
4:00 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY arrive at the White House landing at The Ellipse

Tuesday, May 4
Vice President Kamala Harris will travel to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Wednesday, May 5
Second Gentleman Douglas Emhoff will travel to Allentown, Pennsylvania.

Thursday, May 6, 2021
The President will travel to Lake Charles, Louisiana and New Orleans, Louisiana
Mr. Emhoff will travel to Memphis, with Department of Labor Secretary Marty Walsh.

Friday, May 7, 2021
The President will travel to Camp David, where he will remain over the weekend.
Vice President Harris will travel to Cincinnati, Ohio.
Add to the flying schedule for this week, on Wednesday, May 19, the President will travel to New London, Connecticut.

GriffissSpotter

Someone just got cleared into VIPER West but LiveATC seems to be down, all I heard was the numbers "11", my scanner cut off the beginning. Another one...this time I heard "21". It is possible that it was COORS but there was a bit of static and it partially got cut off so I am not 100% sure.
LiveATC ZBW (UCA09/ART08) still seems to be down, at least for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.