Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
1915z
Just had GUMP 60 flight of two C-130s land at Portland, Maine (KPWM). Headed to the MAC Jets ramp. No ADSB signal at all on the inbound. I will see if my son can snag a picture of them or their tails. He works at the airport. I have no clue who or where they are from and where they came from.
GUMP are Maxwell AFB - tails 19142 and 84406. They're staying overnight. About 34 crew disembarked.

Maxwell 19142 Net.jpg

Maxwell 84406 Net.jpg

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Seems TEAL pilots may be in trouble..
'Hurricane Hunters' Air Force unit investigating flight that landed at Martha's Vineyard to pick up motorcycle (msn.com)

Checking mode s a TEAL-58 #96-5301 was around there March 25.

Good vid of whats happening of that stuck Evergreen ship in Maryland..
Looks like they are gonna bring in bigger tugs from New York and anchor a couple of barges in April.
We have had lots of NW winds blowing tides out so wx not helping here.
Tugboats Try to Pull Stuck ‘Ever Forward' Ship Out of Mud | NBC4 Washington - YouTube

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Someone on Twitter thinks that there is unusual activity at Langley today.

F-15's are Florida CAP fighters.. NWS says a big nasty storm with maybe tornados Thursday evening
into Maryland/Va area.. Prob why they hangered the F-15's.
National Cargo airlines hitting a lot of bases for Mil supplies. Sounds like hype.
Check out that storm front wall currently from Chicago to New Orleans.. NWS says could be a bad one around here.

Last edited:

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
Navy A/C down near Wallops. GRYHK40 on scene. 3 Souls in Water. CG 6004 headed north from Elizabeth City.

Another Coast Guard helo on the way from Elizabeth City, NJ with a dive team, two rescue swimmers already in the water.

Three rescued, one missing at this time.

Wallops Crash 1.JPG

vocoder

Hey Guys, I was told to ask here, if anyone noticed an awacs orbit sua up here in the northeast? Maybe ar777 location? There is 1 tonight, above lake michigan. I was wondering what purpose it serves? I think there was 1 outside ar777 for a Vermont F35 formation at one time. Our awacs orbit sua is inside the (ar640a/b) fuel anchor, but just the awacs sua will be activated. The anchor does not appear to be. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.