Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsoergel

Feed Provider
With the bad wx forecast for Friday may have to plane up to KILG or Motorcade if real bad..
Yeah been seeing Ospreys in and out of area all day near Bear De.
Does anyone have any idea if there have been any support flights from Quantico to CVG? I have a suspicion they may fly on HMX-1 from the airport to Hamilton. It’s a long drive.

mdmonitor

1308- Nighthawk 21 w/Base (318.9) reporting 15 mins out

1311- Couple of ftr sounding acft on (no calls noted) ZDC Green Bay (351.9)

1313- Gunnys coming back to ADW via ZNY Big Flat (322.4)

1314- Scan 05 R/C on 123.4 w/Speilberg (unid ground unit).

1320- The acft 12 I posted earlier working on AR 777 freq are probably Zepel 12 (KC-46 # 19-46064) & Zepel 13 (KC-46 # 16-46021) now landing at McGuire.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone seen Exec 1 Foxtrot depart, it is scheduled in Romania tomorrow.

* On Friday, May 6, she will visit Mihail Kogălniceanu (MK) Air Base in Romania
* On Saturday, May 7, she will receive a briefing on humanitarian efforts from UN agencies, NGOs, and the Romanian Government at the U.S. Embassy in Bucharest
* On Sunday, May 8, Dr. Biden will fly to Kosice, Slovakia
* On Monday, May 9, the First Lady will meet with President of Slovakia Zuzana Caputova at the Presidential Palace in Bratislava. After her visit to the palace, the First Lady will depart for Joint Base Andrews

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone seen Exec 1 Foxtrot depart, it is scheduled in Romania tomorrow.

* On Friday, May 6, she will visit Mihail Kogălniceanu (MK) Air Base in Romania
* On Saturday, May 7, she will receive a briefing on humanitarian efforts from UN agencies, NGOs, and the Romanian Government at the U.S. Embassy in Bucharest
* On Sunday, May 8, Dr. Biden will fly to Kosice, Slovakia
* On Monday, May 9, the First Lady will meet with President of Slovakia Zuzana Caputova at the Presidential Palace in Bratislava. After her visit to the palace, the First Lady will depart for Joint Base Andrews
Doubt they will use that callsign headed overseas. Prob be a SAM flight or even RCH flight into theatre. :)

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Funny that they sent all that hardware to Barnes but didn’t take any F15s, very small airport for all those heavies
PANDA-47 #00-0177 went to Key West NAS along with the MAINE 91,92 tankers.
I'm betting the F-15's will be headed that way soon maybe this weekend with other tanker support.
The Atlantic City F-16's spent a few weeks down there this past Winter and did missions to San Juan.
Maybe the 104th FW getting early Summer deployment as well.
The USAF has been setting up these joint regional ANG missions like they did with New Jersey. They had down Key West NAS
A/C F-16's and NJ ANG KC-135's. Maybe Maine tankers in the regional deployment mix with the 104th FW.
I bet pilots and crews are sure are happy to train somewhere else nice for a change.Bring the sun tan lotion :)

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any idea if there have been any support flights from Quantico to CVG? I have a suspicion they may fly on HMX-1 from the airport to Hamilton. It’s a long drive.

Looks like motorcade based on the two hour travel time between arrival at airport and Hamilton.

11:30 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route Hebron, Kentucky
1:00 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
3:00 PM THE PRESIDENT meets with manufacturing leaders, at United Performance Metals, Hamilton, Ohio
5:30 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Hebron, Kentucky en route New Castle, Delaware
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
6:55 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in New Castle, Delaware
Delaware Air National Guard Base

GriffissSpotter

Anyone hear an MQ-1 Predator heading to Griffiss (KRME) today? Someone told me one landed there today but that’s all I know, I tried looking for it around the airport but it may be inside a hangar. I don’t know how credible the source is so maybe just a mistake but just thought I’d ask.

Are they even still flying anymore?

Last edited:

Hbright

Looks like motorcade based on the two hour travel time between arrival at airport and Hamilton.

11:30 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route Hebron, Kentucky
1:00 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
3:00 PM THE PRESIDENT meets with manufacturing leaders, at United Performance Metals, Hamilton, Ohio
5:30 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Hebron, Kentucky en route New Castle, Delaware
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
6:55 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives in New Castle, Delaware
Delaware Air National Guard Base
Direct flight from CVG to ILG suggests a C-32 for the whole trip? Or maybe 82-8000 to CVG, then a C-32 to ILG as AF1 and 82-8000 returning to ADW as an "empty" SAM96.

yow777

Anyone hear an MQ-1 Predator heading to Griffiss (KRME) today? Someone told me one landed there today but that’s all I know, I tried looking for it around the airport but it may be inside a hangar. I don’t know how credible the source is so maybe just a mistake but just thought I’d ask.

Are they even still flying anymore?
The MQ-1 Predator was retired a few years back I believe.

There was an MQ-1C Gray Eagle operating over the Drum ranges this afternoon but I am pretty sure it landed back at Wheeler-Sack AAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.