Sticky Thread For Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbagley

Premium Subscriber
Here's a couple of those other high flying drones I was talking about the other day, yesterday a RQ-4B Global Hawk RICO26 AE54B6 out of Grand Forks AFB North Dakota
RICO26.JPG
, and today, still in the air, a MQ-4C Triton SCORE46 AE5C71 out of Pax River MarylandScore46.JPG.
Unfortunately I have no idea if SCORE46 had any ATC comms, I'm not good at identifying what I hear most of the time. The embedded links for the drones are to the adsbexhange on the days I referenced.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Here's a couple of those other high flying drones I was talking about the other day, yesterday a RQ-4B Global Hawk RICO26 AE54B6 out of Grand Forks AFB North Dakota
, and today, still in the air, a MQ-4C Triton SCORE46 AE5C71 out of Pax River Maryland
Unfortunately I have no idea if SCORE46 had any ATC comms, I'm not good at identifying what I hear most of the time. The embedded links for the drones are to the adsbexhange on the days I referenced.
Had SCORE UAV not long ago sw to Pax river area 305.200 on voice coms after departing offshore with GK 249.800

In news Biden/Pentagon said this in regards to US building up troops in Europe.
"The U.S. will also deploy two squadrons of F-35s to the United Kingdom at RAF Lakenheath."

Lakenheath is in early stages of building up two F-35A squadrons now with new deliveries.
Is that what they are talking about or will USAF actually deploy 2 squadrons say 1 each from from Hill,Luke AFB etc.?
Sometimes I don't understand political speak... Always in the details :(

1500 local There goes AF-2 #98-0001 Westbound for LaLa land.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
THURSDAY, JUNE 30, 2022

CEST
3:40 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Madrid, Spain en route Joint Base Andrews

Madrid–Torrejón Airport, Madrid, Spain

EDT
5:20 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at Joint Base Andrews
5:40 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House

South Lawn

On Friday, July 1st, First Lady Jill Biden will visit a Richmond and Henrico Health District's vaccination clinic in Richmond, Virginia

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A NASA aircraft will fly over the I-95 corridor from Washington to Baltimore and Hampton, Virginia, in support of an atmospheric campaign in the mid-Atlantic region between July 5 and 16, 2022.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Both BOBBY tankers #58-0035 and #58-0069 final dest today was into TISX airport in St Croix,VI.
Saw today BOBBY 61,71 Tankers went up this morning down there at TISX as NATION-10,11.
I think they dragged the eight 159th FW F-15's from Langley to San Juan and are tanking NORAD practice intercepts down there
out of St Croix which is not far away.They got tired of Delaware. LOL

A couple of them went up this morning down there.
HD| F-15C Eagles the Mig Killer Loud Take-off| Plane Spotting | San Juan Airport SJU TJSJ. - YouTube

Last edited:

Hbright

BOBBY 61 (58-0035) just arrived at Langley AFB from Fairchild AFB after holding for almost one hour due to dense fog.
He is on ALTRV Coronet South 813, so probably taking some F-22s to South America tomorrow.
They joined with CUBE 11 and CUBE 21 flight, switched to Giant Killer after Norfolk departure,
declared MARSA with their tankers and then I lost them .... the KC-135s went to St. Croix [TISX].
Both BOBBY tankers #58-0035 and #58-0069 final dest today was into TISX airport in St Croix,VI.
Good jumping off point to South America..
Looks like the 159th FW New Orleans F-15's are done with CAP work and 8 of them dropped into San Juan recently.
Was thinking their deployment to Langley was about done as has been a few months..

HD-RARE visitors in Puerto Rico of New Orleans F-15C| San Juan Airport SJU. - YouTube
Saw today BOBBY 61,71 Tankers went up this morning down there at TISX as NATION-10,11.
I think they dragged the eight 159th FW F-15's from Langley to San Juan and are tanking NORAD practice intercepts down there
out of St Croix which is not far away.They got tired of Delaware. LOL

A couple of them went up this morning down there.
HD| F-15C Eagles the Mig Killer Loud Take-off| Plane Spotting | San Juan Airport SJU TJSJ. - YouTube

NORAD conducts Operation NOBLE DEFENDER:

wx9svr

Premium Subscriber
Can you elaborate please?

Also the range and Viper Airspace active again today. Keep an eye out for B-52s!

Bearcom had gotten a temporary license & supplied rental radios to last weekend's golf tournament in CT. I was curious as to what other events they supported & found the Ft Drum temp license....not really knowing what the event was. I saw the reference to Ft Drum here and, although it's not necessarily MilAir-related, thought it might be of interest to someone if they're close enough.
(Thanks to @BM82557 for posting the screencaps of the license.)

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

mdmonitor

I was recently at NAS Patuxent for the fun of it to see what it was like and to see what tails I could catch... I got a few cool catches. Hopefully this will help some of you out to match with callsigns. (The AH-1Z was "Doubledown84")
Connor

Nice pics. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.