stickys out of control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

313RADIO

Do we really need a entire page of sticky's? I have to scroll down on my netbook to get to the first real post. Cant we consolidate them somehow?

Billjones91581

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Do we really need a entire page of sticky's? I have to scroll down on my netbook to get to the first real post. Cant we consolidate them somehow?

I agree, they can probably de-stickify the Oakland and Washtenaw Co stickys, those systems are completed and haven't had any new talkgroups added in several months.

Billjones91581

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Maybe create ONE sticky that has links to all the relevant threads that are stickeied?

I disagree, this would defeat the purpose of having stickies, which is to advise users of "hot topics" such as the Tuscola Co transition to the MPSCS, which just began under 2 weeks ago and is still ongoing, or the MSP realignment and post closures that also started a few weeks ago and is still ongoing. They also prevent people (i.e. newbies, or those who don't use the forums very often) from starting duplicate posts on the same topics.

However I think "cold topics" (i.e. transitions that have been completed several months ago like Oakland and Washtenaw Countys) are no longer necessary and can be de-stickied. Also unnecessary are ones like "like we need updated information in Michigan" can be destickied - isn't that the whole purpose of the site anyway? People don't need to be reminded of that. Or shouldn't "Military activity" be renamed "Military activity in Michigan" and be moved to the Military monitoring board? It's only edited at the most once a week and only by a few people.

Just my opinion.

VE3JSO

i agree maybe make one sticky and move rest of them into one for example the transition stickys into one and call it mpscs transition and all topics would be there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.