Sentinel: Still cant get Sentinel to read SD card in BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamKitTheMan3

Premium Subscriber
I've spent hours now trying to get my BCD536HP to read the SD card in Windows 10. I can't believe I made one mistake while connected to the PC and my new radio is bricked! Anyway, i tried 2 different USB cables, 2 different SD cards, formatted them with SD card formatter, not quick format, reinstalled Sentinel, no good. I opened Device Manager, nothing I could see about this card. Formatted Fat 32, checked box "Show all Drives" in Sentinel, nothing. Am I missing something? Any help appreciated.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I've spent hours now trying to get my BCD536HP to read the SD card in Windows 10. I can't believe I made one mistake while connected to the PC and my new radio is bricked! Anyway, i tried 2 different USB cables, 2 different SD cards, formatted them with SD card formatter, not quick format, reinstalled Sentinel, no good. I opened Device Manager, nothing I could see about this card. Formatted Fat 32, checked box "Show all Drives" in Sentinel, nothing. Am I missing something? Any help appreciated.
-
What "mistake" happened? That might give us a clue as to what's going on. Are you getting any error messages... what exactly do they say?

Are you putting the scanner into "Mass Storage Mode" when you connect the scanner to your PC?

tvengr

Well Known Member
With the scanner connected, click on Clear User Data under the Scanner tab of Sentinel. That must be done after formatting the card.

HamKitTheMan3

Premium Subscriber
I think my mistake was powering off while the card was writing. Now it just says "SD Card File Error, Use Sentinel Clear User Data..." I cannot clear the data. Also there's no selection for Mass storage when I turn it on-it goes to the error message. Is there a way to force Mass Storage mode?

HamKitTheMan3

Premium Subscriber
Ok I finally got it fixed. Tried a 3rd SD card and reinserted the USB plug a few times. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.