Still hiring SSD Dispatchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac916

I think it went OK. Definitely NOT the POST test. It's some in-house thing that the HR people administer. One person got kicked out for "cheating" - but honestly some of the instructions were so complicated I almost made the same mistake she did (taking notes during 1 question where you couldn't - among a bunch where you could).

Overall, probably rank fairly well. I like the POST test a LOT more though. Oh yeah, the lady administering it was an old bitty. Crotchety. Chewed my ear for not printing out her email. She wouldn't even look at my iPhone with her email clearly displayed. She told me to read directions. I told her it said "bring this notice", so I did. She was not pleased. And it takes 5-6 weeks to score a scantron...

Yes - Dealing with County Employment is quite interesting to say the least. A few years back I was a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and it was an eye opening experience.

RolnCode3

Yes - Dealing with County Employment is quite interesting to say the least. A few years back I was a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and it was an eye opening experience.
I have no doubt. Over the years I've had limited interaction, but it's never gone smoothly.

To be clear (to everyone else), the ornery old lady was a County HR person (not an SSD employee).

Sac916

911 Call Dispatcher and Comm Dispathcer 2011

New updated posting by Sacramento County

Last edited:

Sac916

Still hiring -

Sheriff's 911 Call Dispatcher
Exam No: 29010-B
Closing Date: Continuous - next cutoff date is 10/27/2011
Job Bulletin

Sheriff's Communication Dispatcher Level I/II
Exam No: 29009-B