still need advice on new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat7188

Please note I have read as much information as I could on your site and still need advice. Old scanner was RR Pro2052 , and Hand held RR Pro 164 triple trunking , 2052 out dated the 164 needs REBANDED for the city of WARREN OHIO TRUMBULL COUNTY, I have seriously considered getting the BCT15X as replacement. However I seem to think I need modes FM, Fmn, Marcs , P25 phase 1 and Motorola type 11smartnet for warren city and Im not even sure, but I no warren city was Motorola in the 800 frec. but the database on this site does not show it, So could have changed , will this scanner do what I need , can I manually program it ,do I have to reband it myself, do I need digital vs analog I don't think so.. is the trunking right ,,, do I need dual etc. But I don't know sorry so complicated ,warren city ohio trumbull county

Nasby

The PRO-164 will work fine for Warren, Ohio and most of Trumbull County Police and Fire including the sheriff's dept.
There's a guy in Newton Falls that can help you out if you can't figure it out. His number is 330-842-4355. He's retired and is a local ham.

Last edited:

gbriden

From everything I see this unit does not track P25 systems so if this is a major system in your area you might look at another model.

gbriden

From RR Wiki page here is a list that might help.

The following scanners can decode P25 Phase II and Motorola X2-TDMA systems.

Note that if a scanner can do Phase II then it can do Phase I

GRE PSR-800 (with firmware upgrade, not out of the box)

Radio Shack Pro-668

Uniden BCD325P2, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BCD996P2, HomePatrol-2

Whistler WS1080, WS1088, WS1095, WS1098, TRX-1, TRX-2

Nasby

With the BC15TX, you would be receiving the same thing that your PRO-164 does.

So it would not benefit you to go with the BCT 15X unless you simply want a base unit to go along with your handheld.

Both scanners are analog trunk tracking only.

If you want to hear digital systems in your area, such as MARCS or the Mahoning/Austintown Radio system, you will need a digital capable scanner.

There are many, many digital models to choose from.

pat7188

Thank you all I will definitely look in to all the scanners mentioned. .as I want definitely Warren city Pd and Braceville as well as newton falls and many more are on same frequency. . Thanks for your time..

Status
Not open for further replies.