Still no DMR frequencies saved with recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I'm disappointed to find that the frequency is still not recorded in the file header of audio recordings for DMR and TRS with the new firmware update, despite several requests to Upman and in these forums. So I still can't provide a meaningful update to the header reading program.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
There's still lots of bugs with trbo on the Unidens. The biggest of which is it won't decode any simplex comms. I think they kind of jumped the gun with the public firmware update. All this really sucks as I bought the new Unidens for the trbo feature.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
And what about the 325p2 and 996p2 they were suffering from the same errors it would also be nice to be able to pick up DMR when you get a close call hit on it another part that isn't working. I waited about 3 years after they were released to buy one thinking all the bugs had to be worked out by now but I was and continue to be very disappointed with the new uniden product lines when it comes to DMR. They do work great on P25 though. So I guess you have to choose your poison it seems like whistler got DMR and NXDN right but there p25 performance sucks. On the other hand uniden is great at p25 but horrible on DMR.

Markinsac

There's still lots of bugs with trbo on the Unidens. The biggest of which is it won't decode any simplex comms. I think they kind of jumped the gun with the public firmware update. All this really sucks as I bought the new Unidens for the trbo feature.

Simplex and repeaters are quite different in this mode. I tested reception with a Motorola XPR 3500-series radio recently using a frequency counter. Simplex saw the meter jumping all around the band. Repeaters use a stable modulation that is designed for greater range. I'm not sure that we will see simplex communications reception, but unless you really want to tune in to localized transmissions, the repeaters are going to give much better results.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Yeah the problem is I have some stuff around me that is simplex I would like to be able to monitor. DSDPlus decodes it just fine but unless I take a laptop all over with me I can't monitor it. It's not important enough to buy a 300/500 dollar trbo radio though or TRX 2 even as everything around me is 700/800 trunked. And I have heard bad things about whistler and simulcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.