Still NO STSO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confused1234

ProVoice

From what I understand St. Tammany SO is using the ProVoice system which nobody has a scanner that will decode it. I wish somebody would figure it out so we can listen to it.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
From what I understand St. Tammany SO is using the ProVoice system which nobody has a scanner that will decode it. I wish somebody would figure it out so we can listen to it.
There is nothing to figure out. Yes, they use an EDACS ProVoice system and yes there is no scanner that can decode ProVoice and probably never will. The digital mode ProVoice is proprietary and it is unlikely that it will ever be licensed to scanner manufacturers. Monitoring ProVoice systems is still possible using various methods.

fyerman01

Will be mapping them out soon

Yeah, I know this thread is old but I just wanted to pass along.... I just ordered a PRO-96 A model to go along with my BCD396XT. As soon as it comes in, I'll be able to start my new project...mapping it out, then start listening with DSD

kenny70452

fyerman01, were you able to pick up stpso? if so what is the min. required scanner to pick it up, etc etc? I haven't listened to them in years. My old scanner picks up the freqs in the DB but I only hear static and jibber. lol thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.