Still some analog in Milw Co !

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rzz

I thought everything went digital, but I just turned on my 780XLT and to my surprise I'm still hearing some analog trunking from Oak Creek, Franklin, Hales Corners, plus the med channels. Works for me!

It could very well be that this was mentioned somewhere in the 100's of pages of discussion already, but thought I'd express my happiness.
681.gif

CrabbyMilton

The MCTRS as well as Greenfield and Waukesha are still analog. At some point they will be digital but it's unknown to me when that will take place. There is plenty to hear on a scanner even when a public safety goes digital so don't throw your scanner away besides, there are scanners that can receive many digital systems.

Mweiher

We have a capital project for 2010 to begin in earnest the P25 migration in Milwaukee County. The first phase will provide 4 channel, portable street coverage with most likely 4 sites. Our intention is to start at the GMIA area - allowing the Operations staff at GMIA an opportunity to join the 800 mhz system to comply with the narrowbanding mandate.

As I will be retiring when the rebanding project is completed, I will not be heavily involved in this migration. But I will promise to stop by this board more regularly to update any questions on the MCTRS that I see. (I've been so busy with rebanding I've not had the chance to check in as often as I'd like.)

washradiotech

Hey M!

Will miss you at the state/region meetings when you leave! Maybe you can stick around through the narrowbanding too??? hahaha Take care and I hope you are in good health :)

JDS-in Washington Co

Status
Not open for further replies.