Still waiting on my name to appear on the FCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandstaff79

Just to let everyone know I passed my technician test on the 2nd of April still waiting for my name to be entered in the FCC database.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Yea, I know the feeling. I passed my exam on the 2nd also. Kept checking every day, excited you know. Feels good when it finally shows up. Mine finally showed up on the 7th. 73's. KJ4TVL

XTS3000

If you already have a FCC license of any type, and then pass the ham test, make sure you use the same name as your other FCC licenses!!!!! Otherwise it will be flagged becasue your SSN and name don't match. I had to call the FCC and explain this to them before I was issued my ham call.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Finally got my license on the 14th. Thanks for the response and 73's

KC9SCQ

Welcome! When I first received my license in 2000, the FCC was completely redoing their computer system and it took just over 2 months for them to issue me a callsign!

Cochran_rick

Congrats on your new license! I passed my Tech test this morning (4-24) and was told that my call sign should appear in the data base by Thursday (4-29). I hope my VE was right. Again, I offer my congrats.

Cochran_rick

Well, my license finally showed up on 5-4-2010. I am now KJ4UQM. I plan on taking my General on the last Saturday of May. I hope you have your call sign by now. Good luck again!
73's

jimbr1

Took and passed the tech test on 5/12...still waiting for license to show in the database as of 5/19...got portables frequency programmed...all ready to go.....just waiting....might try different examiners when I upgrade...do I sound a bid impatient?...you betcha!

canav844

Took and passed the tech test on 5/12...still waiting for license to show in the database as of 5/19...got portables frequency programmed...all ready to go.....just waiting....might try different examiners when I upgrade...do I sound a bid impatient?...you betcha!
Tech or general? What are you going to be running for gear when you make it into the database?

Welcome to the hobby,

73s

jimbr1

Thanks for the welcome....starting with tech- will study for general and possibly extra when time allows...have 2 meter and 70cm portables for now...plenty of repeaters in the area as well!...tick ...tick...tick

jimbr1

Just as and update-license was entered into FCC database on 5/21- after emailing one of the VEC's who called the FCC- originally someone at the FCC entered my FRN number incorrectly- invalid number-application was denied- rectified by the VEC- many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.