Stimulus Payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick0413

Viking1 said:
Its not really a Stimulus payment, they will get it back out of us....
One way or another yeah they will. Some people are mistaken in one fact though. I have been told by some people that you will have to claim it on next years taxes. That is simply not the fact, you can go to the IRS website to confirm that you don't

KLH

Premium Subscriber
I'm rather upset.
I took the Economic Stimulus Payment Calculator, and I'm only going to get back $900. I was expecting $1500 (wife, me and one child). :(

http://www.irs.gov/app/espc/

And I should be getting mine this week according to the time table but have yet to receive it. Oh well, they say I should get it by tomorrow.. I won't be holding my breath..

ScanTheFreqs

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
today!

i checked my bank account right away this morning to find my weekly paycheck was about $600 more then usual,
looks like im the first...... to run out of my $600

RC54730

Viking1 said:
Its not really a Stimulus payment, they will get it back out of us....
LOL. You better believe it, although it's not the U.S. you need to worry about getting it back out of you - it's the Chinese. It's pretty funny that people might think the U.S. government actually has that kind of money to hand out.

I wish I had gotten one of these payments so I could frame it. Unfortunately, all I got was a letter telling me I paid too much in taxes last year to be entitled to participate in the bonus round this year. Sigh.

zz0468

QRT
The $1200 my wife and I are due to get is really an insignificant amount, in the grand scheme of things. It'll go into a savings account where, hopefully, it will be forgotten until it's needed.

Go-24

zz0468 said:
The $1200 my wife and I are due to get is really an insignificant amount, in the grand scheme of things. It'll go into a savings account where, hopefully, it will be forgotten until it's needed.
The money was sent so that people would go out and spend it and "stimulate" the economy. If everyone who received it went out and put it back into the economy it wouldnt be such an insignificant amount. Its not intended to help individuals its intended to help everyone as a whole.

UPMan

Uniden Representative
Premium Subscriber
Actually, the bank won't forget your $1,200. They'll use it to loan to someone who wants to buy a car or a boat or ...

There is a common misconception that putting your ESP (economic stimulus payment) in the bank negates the intent of the stimulus. However, as long as you cash the check then either spend it or put it in the bank, it will be doing its job.

If you think about it, when you buy those scanners totalling $1200, the merchant then turns around and puts that money in his bank. Well, some of it will go to pay his overhead costs...but those overhead providers take the money and put it in their banks. In any case, the money is only going to be 1 or 2 transactions away from being in a bank...and they don't just let money lay around.

Last edited:

n4yek

They will take it back from you when you do your 2008 taxes. They done the same thing back a few years ago when they gave us the other stimulus package.

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
They're really not giving you anything. It's your money, always has been! They're just taking a little less than they planned to.

zz0468

QRT
Go-24 said:
The money was sent so that people would go out and spend it and "stimulate" the economy. If everyone who received it went out and put it back into the economy it wouldnt be such an insignificant amount. Its not intended to help individuals its intended to help everyone as a whole.
The only thing it's intended to stimulte is Republican voters. If everyone spent $1200, that would SOOOOO not have any significant effect on the economy. The whole thing is laughable, especially when you consider what it's REALLY about. That's ok... like I said, it'll be safe and snug in a savings account. Some day I'll spend it on something worthwhile.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
UPMan said:
Actually, the bank won't forget your $1,200. They'll use it to loan to someone who wants to buy a car or a boat or ...

There is a common misconception that putting your ESP (economic stimulous payment) in the bank negates the intent of the stimulous. However, as long as you cash the check then either spend it or put it in the bank, it will be doing its job.

If you think about it, when you buy those scanners totalling $1200, the merchant then turns around and puts that money in his bank. Well, some of it will go to pay his overhead costs...but those overhead providers take the money and put it in their banks. In any case, the money is only going to be 1 or 2 transactions away from being in a bank...and they don't just let money lay around.
at least someone gets it on here!

To be fair, the bank does pay interest on the money that they use.

I'm spending mine on Hookers and blow/

kb2vxa

Banned
"LOL. You better believe it, although it's not the U.S. you need to worry about getting it back out of you - it's the Chinese. It's pretty funny that people might think the U.S. government actually has that kind of money to hand out."

Precisely! The US is "bankrupt" to the tune of $9 TRILLION so effectively we have NO money, only funny money.

"They're really not giving you anything. It's your money, always has been!"

You haven't been paying attention silly you. They're giving you Chinese money so at the current rate of exchange you can figure out just how much "your" money is worth. 1 Chinese yuan = 0.143123 U.S. dollars.

ScanDaBands

Banned
DanTSX said:
I'm spending mine on Hookers and blow/
:lol: :) :D :) :lol: Most excellent choice !!!!!!! at least you can "Use" them at the same time !!! :D

Last edited:

Portable14

Banned
stevolene said:
Im going to buy a new can opener
I'm going to get a tattoo with mine-(Hookers and blow would cost a lot more, If you got the good hookers), Or I could just get a couple ounces of marijuana.

When someone with 76 through 87 gets theirs, Please PM me, So I know when to expect mine, Because the GOV doesn't always go by what they say, They go by what they do.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
ScanDaBands said:
anybody starting in the 21 through 75 bracket got it yet ?
I got a notice that mine will post on 05MAY08 and will be available the next day, so Wednesday, we'll have $1200.00 more than we did the day before!

Grog

Banned
rescue161 said:
I got a notice that mine will post on 05MAY08 and will be available the next day, so Wednesday, we'll have $1200.00 more than we did the day before!

Back in line you breeder :lol:

Oh, that would also be in the bank on Tuesday if you don't want to wait :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.