STL County 4th Prec down? 154.845

Status
Not open for further replies.

genealle

Been NO activity last 2 days.
MDTs cut down the traffic but there is zero now.
Radio down?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Been NO activity last 2 days.
MDTs cut down the traffic but there is zero now.
Radio down?

Try the State Sheriff's Net channel on 155.730. It goes by Channel 12 on County PD radios.
That's where I've been hearing them with the normal amount of traffic the past couple days or so. Also using a PL tone of 85.4 currently.

Sometimes the precincts will also pop up on one of the Riot channels when they have communication issues. Riot A seems to be popular for Muni-West when they have radio issues and Sheriff's Net for 4th Precinct seems pretty common.

I also heard what sounded like a fast clock tick running for several minutes at a time across all the counties listed VHF channels the other day, one channel at a time. Even the ones used by County Parks Maint, Admin and Ranger channels. The clock tick rotated through all the Riot channels as well.
I never heard dispatch or radio repair come on and advise the mobiles to switch to another channel when the odd ticking was going on even though it did appear to be some form of planned test judging by the way it rotated through each channel one at a time.

Last edited:

genealle

Thanks, I try that.

I think they're had issues with the remote receivers plus they've been on backup quite often. Dunno if it's main radio has problems or just testing for EOC.

Riot A is often used for incident command by TACT and precinct cars to take the load off the main channel. Didn't have a Riot F in my list, but I do now.

Had an un-lettered Riot on 151.430 but also found it as Precinct 7 (future use.) AFAIK the 3rd still dispatches them.

Thanks again!

genealle

I just heard the STL County PD is currently switching over to their new digital system and that's why the temporary channel swapping.

Anyone know if the new digital system can be scanned?

Status
Not open for further replies.