PSR-800: Stock Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ID16260

I’m an idiot
Does anyone have the stock firmware for this scanner? It locked up on the firmware screen and I can’t get it out. Thank you

ID16260

I’m an idiot
Yes. Either way with power source it still remains stuck on the screen

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
He needs the stock CPU firmware (Ver 2.0?) to reinstall for a PSR-800 it is the only thing going to fix his issue and itis not on what is left of the GRE website.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Possibly this GRE archive will assist:

It has the following:
GRE PSR-800 P25 Phase 2 Public Beta Upgrade 2
GRE PSR-800 P25 Phase 2 Public Beta Upgrade
PSR-800 Software Manager v1.06

Possibly the above will get you up and running and then the Software Manager should (?) update the firmware after this.

Shawn
Thanks but one can no longer download from any of those links, plus we would like newer firmware then that if at all possible.

Last edited:

ID16260

I’m an idiot
links are dead..if someone has the stock firmware updater or working copy of the GREFwTool that would be great..thank you

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
My guess is the GREFwTool
Be warned you can upgrade the scanner with FRANKIN BOT FIRMWARE and Whistler fixed a patch that will undo what you do and YOU CAN NOT UNDO IT and Whistler charges extra to fix it.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
My guess is the GREFwTool
Be warned you can upgrade the scanner with FRANKIN BOT FIRMWARE and Whistler fixed a patch that will undo what you do and YOU CAN NOT UNDO IT and Whistler charges extra to fix it.
DSP firmware will determine if you break it. anything below 3.1 is good and will not break, but you miss so many of the cpu and dsp fixes becasue you can't upgrade on the hacked firmware unless you send it to whistler for the legacy upgrade.

ID16260

I’m an idiot
yeah but its loaded back up and is working fine now. thank you all that helped.

ID16260

I’m an idiot
now im looking for the DSP or CPU updater with the 3.2 DSP update to do DMR. thank you

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
now im looking for the DSP or CPU updater with the 3.2 DSP update to do DMR. thank you
There is no CPU updater for hacked firmware (it will never go to ver 4.8 using grefwtool) and going to dsp 3.2 will cause you to loose DMR and or will brick the scanner. SEND IT TO WHISTLER for the legacy upgrade.

Last edited:

ID16260

I’m an idiot
whats in it right now is Boot: F1.0 and Appl U2.0 i have 2 Phase 2 system i listen to and right now it sounds like crap.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
whats in it right now is Boot: F1.0 and Appl U2.0 i have 2 Phase 2 system i listen to and right now it sounds like crap.
SEND IT IN because on hacked firmware, you can upgrade to a newer dsp but not anything over 3.0, there are 2 versions of 3.1...early and late but both are labeled 3.1.

On hacked firmware using The late DSP ver3.1 one or ver3.2 will cause you to lose DMR reception and/or brick the scanner by ruining the logic board. Then you will have to send it whistler to repair at a even higher cost and hope they even have boards with the chip shortage. DSP is loaded via the memory card and windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.